1996 mountain cycle san andreas (project bumble bee)

saltyman":1sa218zk said:
gibbleking":1sa218zk said:
ps why are you replacing the shock?is it fubarred....if not and ya dont want ...hows about a kindly gift for a fellow san andreas owneer in need..... :p

nah, the aftershock on there at the moment was running sweet, just fancied a fox one.

its on its way in the post, if i like it you can have my aftershock bud, will wait and see ;)[/uote]
the gibble bows in your precense oh magnificent one......
we need a sannie club...we do....

Twosted":1pmzgcy1 said:
Have just replaced the Aftershock on my Sandy for a Fox RX.

The Aftershock had lost all it's damping and the bike was feeling like a rocking horse to ride. :oops:

The RX is a lot better. The damping can be turned right up to get a nice controlled ride. A big improvement over the old shock. :cool:

snow001.jpg

looking good there bud, dont suppose you ever found a service guide for the aftershock did you?

Thanx dood, nah didn't find a service guide for the Aftershock. I just turned up the spring preload 'till it felt right.
It always worked okay but I always got the feeling that it was a bit of a budget item. :cry:

The Fox is definately an improvement. :LOL: ... Which one have you gone for?

i bought a fox float r, came off a specialized enduro so looking what difference it makes.

this bike will be heavy so having all the adjustments available should make things more comfy.

Maybe check the spring rate when you get it, (if it's a spring version).

My RX came with a 600lb spring. The std Aftershock had a 900lb spring.
When I tried the RX it was waaay too soft. :?

So I had to swap the springs over and use the Aftershock spring on the RX. :)

She's got a nice firm rear end now though! ;)

no spring in the float, i will just pump it up till its firm. i had a float on my s-works and had it really high PSi wise as i was heavy :LOL:

decided against using the dekerf rear shock, it arrived today and the eye to eye is 193mm compared with the 153mm the aftershock one is.........

will see how i get on before/if i order a diffeent one.

on the plus side mountain cycle sent me an e-mail tonight saying my brake adaptor is being sent out as a priority, its the last part i need, so things are getting there.

Good that they contacted you to let you know its on its way :cool:

I would love to see this with the wrong sized shock on it ( just for a laugh you understand :LOL: :LOL: )

Gc

he he, yeah it would look crazy.

quite chuffed by the progress still, i have only had it 2 weeks and its my first ever build.

Back