1992 Marin Eldridge Grade

Veritas

Retro Newbie
Hi,

Im looking for a little help sorting out my first mountain bike, that Im fixing up for a friend to ride.

Unfortunetly the seat post is stuck into the frame, Im planning on cutting it of with an angle grider and hacksawing the inside, so I can curl the sawn post and pull it out.

After doing this, will need a new post of some description, could anyone tell me the correct diameter of seat post needed for this bike ?

Correct specification of handle bar would also be helpful as this was bent in a crash.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ahhh, 92 Eldridge Grade...bring back memories. Anyway, dont bother with faffing around with cutting the post out, bung the hole in the seat tube, turn the fram upside down and fill the seat post tube with caustic soda. Leave overnight et voila, no seat post.
HTH

jonnyretro":2x03m4vf said:
Ahhh, 92 Eldridge Grade...bring back memories. Anyway, dont bother with faffing around with cutting the post out, bung the hole in the seat tube, turn the fram upside down and fill the seat post tube with caustic soda. Leave overnight et voila, no seat post.
HTH

Thanks will give this a shot.

Back