NE&YORKS Noggin and Natter

Hard work pushing in 6" of snow, but defo worth it, coming down through the trees was bloody brilliant.

It was brilliant until I launched myself over the bars and into the mud.
Had a shock when got home and investigated that wobbling wheel. The axle has broken in two and was held together by the QR :shock:

Had the wheel wobble thing with the Yeti. I thought it just needed adjusting, then discovered i'd snapped a Chris King axle :shock: Still not bad for 10yrs of use.

I am still about btw, just not getting out much of late.

Mornin Jack. Bored bored bored bored bored I've got 3 bikes worth of brakes to sort but its too cold in the garage.Are you saving lives or sleeping today? :LOL:

Dr S":109q84kx said:
It was brilliant until I launched myself over the bars and into the mud.
Had a shock when got home and investigated that wobbling wheel. The axle has broken in two and was held together by the QR :shock:

Si if it was a rear wheel check your free hub,pawls and springs, As I had one snap on me and it took out everything even the ratchet ring.
Good old hope hubs though, Just bought new bits and away I went :cool:
See ya satday ;)

All is well. It had snapped toward the none drive side and doesn't look to have done any damage. Cones were OK and I got an axle and some loose bearings from my LBS. Good clean up and it was fixed in no time. Gave the rest of the bike a good clean and a service whilst it was on the stand. ISIS bottom bracket has some play in it and will need replacing sooner than later I guess.

Si

There's only one type of bb for isis that's SKF, They maybe pricey but at least they last :roll: Longer than most ;) OR you could always give them to me ;) :LOL:

toons":3883wea7 said:
Si, Tuesday Night Thrunton?

Probs too much snow still Jamie. Been much milder this week but I think Thrunton wil be pretty much unusable for a few weeks. How about something local around Morpeth? See if we can get Sith and Andy out too.

Back