Cannondale Caad2 Singlespeed Project

Sithlord

Old School Grand Master
Hi guys,

Built this up as another 'something to do project' whilst off the bike,

I aiming currently aiming for 20-30 builds this year of various types, only some will stay, most will go :)

Since being ill I have really taken a shine to sourcing and building bikes , reminds me of days in the trade.. :)

PICT0352-1.jpg

P1030343.jpg

PICT0359.jpg

P1030346.jpg

PICT0350-2.jpg

P1030348-1.jpg

PICT0349.jpg

PICT0358-1.jpg

PICT0356-1.jpg

P1030353.jpg

What do ya think guys.. :)

Watch out for the next build coming soon :) :)

I like that, a lot! If I had the money and wasn't building a SS I would buy that one.
I am looking to build at least 4-5 bikes this year myself.

Looks nice.

What size chainring and cog are you using?

Looking to turn my old Fisher into a single speed and was wondering what ratios most people use - have built a SS roadie, but not a MTB.

The ring sizes are 39 at the front and 21 at the rear :) , worked spot on this using a full half link chain, meaning I did not have to fit a unsightly tensioner, which is one thing that I hate on a singlespeed bike.. :)

Now sold and going to a better home, where it will be loved and cared for :)

The ring sizes are 39 at the front and 21 at the rear :) , worked spot on this using a full half link chain, meaning I did not have to fit a unsightly tensioner, which is one thing that I hate on a singlespeed bike.. :)

Now sold and going to a better home, where it will be loved and cared for :)

Ho sithlord. Just about to purchase a caad2 frame for the very same purpose as this lovely build.

Could you detail the specifics of the SS parts so I can consider sourcing and replicating? What did this one ride like?

Never heard of a half link chain before - how does it fix chain tension? Does it require special cogs/teeth?

Thanks

Tricky

Latest posts

Back