NE&YORKS Noggin and Natter

toons":3lqyuuzs said:
So next Tuesday night at Thrunton ?

Sure thing, might have a few extra folk along too next week.

Had a good ride last night, very windy but used it to our advantage. Was warm too- 13 degrees!
Route was 19 miles. Along the River Wansbeck all the way to the coast and then followed the coastal path all the way to Alcan at Lynemouth with the waves crashing below and a strong tailwind. Then around the QE2 park and lake and along disused waggonways, through the old colliery yards (now all planted with mixed trees and impossible to see any remaining industry- very pleasant riding!) then along the back of Ashington through some sweet wooded singletrack. Last bit was along Sustrans National One, a few farm tracks and then dipped down Bothal Bank past the castle, finally returning along the river. We were really lucky as the wind pushed us up North along the coast but on the return we were sheltered in the trees and didn't feel its affect. 100% off road too which was cool.

Had a problem with the new Mavic cranks on the Mountain Goat though. I've used a Shimano middle ring which puts the teeth to close toward the outer ring. Chain grinding and jumping all over on the first section. Solution was to slap it onto the big ring and I did the whole route on the 48T cog. Funny thing is, after riding SS for the last few months I have got out of the habit of changing gear and did the whole 19 miles without changing ratio once :LOL:

Really good night all in all but ready for the techy routes of Thrunton again now after a short break ;)

will get out with you when work dies down, my busiest time of year work wise..........good for paying the bills, not good for bike time!

Hi Folks..

Thought I better see what's popping.. :)

See we have a new boy saltyman, Hi Fella.. hope you got your stickers sorted from out good man Gil :) , nice Dekerf BTW.. :)

Popped in to see the Magical Dr S today,.. when will it end,, :roll: :roll: , walked in the workshop to see him with a angle grinder on a set of new DT swiss forks :shock: :shock: .. Butcher !!! :LOL: :LOL: ...

Seriously Nice forks though Si, and can't believe the weight... or lack of.. :shock: :cool: .. Loving the Goat.. and remember what we said.. ;)

The Alloy panels for the alfa will be a super cool, and cant believe the reduction in weight over stock , it will be a true flying machine. :) keep up the good work chap, cant wait to see it completed, (stop bidding on pieces of junk and spend it on this..;))

As some of you may or may not be aware , I have been really i'll, dont want to go into to much detail on here , those who know.. know.. ;) .. all I can say is each day is getting better and the meds, seem to be kicking in nicely.. :)

I'm not sure when I will be able to join the northumberland massive again for a ride out, (really miss the pi*s taking "gimplord" .. where the hell did that come from... SI...you bugger..) hopefully not too long.. :) , Consultant has said maybe another couple of months before I start to feel right :roll:

So tempted to try a ride out soon, but dont want to get so far in , that I cant make it back :oops: :cry: :( , might try at the weekend if I have a good day tomorrow and feel alright on sunday, maybe might just meander into bothal :? , might be pushing it, but within rescue distance.. :)

However the lack of riding does give me time to build up my collection again :) added to the stable this month, will be two more of Tom's bikes.. a Ultra and a P23.. (maybe even another.. ;)) , also slightly off target is a dale, and hopefully if the guy keeps to his word a Fro.. ;)

So no time for riding after all :LOL: :LOL:

Twas nice to see you out and about again. Take it easy out on the bike mate- try some flat road work and take it steady- just a mile or so. Don't forget what the doc told you bro!

Alfa project is slow burn. Hoping to complete phase one by late March. Weight weenie part is going well. I popped the reskinned door on the scale last night and I have shaved 7kg just on the door. Target is to remove 300kg from the whole car which should give a power to weight ratio of 245bhp per tonne- not bad for a late sixties 2 litre coupe. Phase two is the supercharger conversion which should push it to over 300bhp per tonne but still be perfectly tractable for road use. Looking forward to that :D

Looking forward to seeing a fleet of Ritcheys in Gimplord Towers with the usual touches. Will have a proper dig through my spares next week and try and temp some beer tokens out of yer :LOL:

Must crack on. The hammer and Dollie awaits :roll:

Si

MacRetro are having a crack at 10 under the Ben and the NWA are thinking of fielding a team. Are you guys up for it? You can even bring your ringer :LOL:

Si come and race again, go on, go on, go on, go onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ;)

Anyhoo with a team event, provided the team are slackers, most you'll have to do is 1 lap. I'm only aiming for 1 lap, taking part is all I'm doing.

Plus this year I may race 3 times, 10UTB, SSEC and SSUK and maybe another SS in the midlands. Probably wont complete any of them because I don't get upset if I come last or fail to complete :LOL:

Go on Si, this time you'd at least be psychologically prewarned :roll:

velomaniac":177fq35p said:
Si come and race again, go on, go on, go on, go onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ;)

Anyhoo with a team event, provided the team are slackers, most you'll have to do is 1 lap. I'm only aiming for 1 lap, taking part is all I'm doing.

Go on Si, this time you'd at least be psychologically prewarned :roll:

So you want me to use a full weekend pass and a 500 mile round trip to do 1 lap?
:roll:
I will be racing this year, but on four wheels :D

And thats the problem with commiting to anything yet- its going to be another month or so until next years race and rally calendars are up, so at the moment I have to keep the schedule clear.

Enjoy yorsels, i'll think of you all slogging your guts out :LOL:

Back