Spooky Supertouch Cyclo-Cross (New old pictures!)

I found a shot of the Spooky set up with the Eno rear wheel. It was great to be able to switch it freely between fixed and free for street riding. The Eno wheel got stolen and then I set it up with the Nexus 7 speed. seen in a single picture above.

3681214808_7f5fe43014.jpg

AtomicAtom":2o5dzweo said:
I found a shot of the Spooky set up with the Eno rear wheel. It was great to be able to switch it freely between fixed and free for street riding. The Eno wheel got stolen and then I set it up with the Nexus 7 speed. seen in a single picture above.

3681214808_7f5fe43014.jpg

I've had a car and bike stolen here in nyc...awful sinking feeling :( :evil:

ah, the Nexus 7 speed, I had that on my first single speed attempt, back before it was popular...my lbs looked at me weird when I told them what I needed the nexus for. Here are a few scans from back in 1998 or was it 99...it's a bit of a blur:
specializedM212.jpg

those were some crap scanners back then...it had the kore chain tensioner as well

but I digress...

great bike, Atom, looks even better in person...so purposeful.

Here is a recent shot of the Supertouch at it's first Cyclo-Cross race. The long Specialized Ti stem has been replaced by a shorter Ringle one now. Also the bb is now a Phil Wood Ti.

4085799055_84c826c8ef_b.jpg

It worked right. I just felt that my lower back was strained from it being so long. So I put on the shorter Ringle to make it hopefully less painful on my muscles.

Find some 1" rise Whitebrothers Ti riser bars then. Whitebros bars and Ringle stems were all I ever rode on my Supertouch besides drops.

Hell, every bike I owned had that combo for a while..

I've got a Bontrager crow bar riser lying about. I think it might be too wide though. The Race Face bar is like 22" and the Crow Bar is like 25". Is that too wide for cross?

How about you let me have some of your whitebros ti risers Mickey!

AtomicAtom":1t6qae6p said:
I've got a Bontrager crow bar riser lying about. I think it might be too wide though. The Race Face bar is like 22" and the Crow Bar is like 25". Is that too wide for cross?

How about you let me have some of your whitebros ti risers Mickey!

the crowbar has plenty of room on the ends to cut it down, if you wanted to go that route.

Back