Tim Gould's Team Peugeot Roberts White Spider

Interestingly I was reading about this very bike on the Chas Roberts website the other day. Might be worth sending some pics over.

I've gathered a fair bit of new info about this puppy over the summer, but with one thing and another, haven't had a chance to do it justice. Will stir my stumps and get cracking now the nights are drawing in.

Brilliant: hadn't seen these pics. If my other info is correct, Malvern was on 6th Aug 1989, which is a good marker for the bike being Campag equipped.

In the youtube vid of Aviemore (Aug 27th?), it looks like Fred Salmon was using XT on his but it's hard to see.

Any more pics and recollections greatly received.

sinnett177":1kalef72 said:
Thought I wasn't going mad, here's a link to Gouldy's Roberts badged as a Peugoet on the Chas Roberts website, just scroll down a bit:

http://www.robertscycles.com/faq.html

Reckon they'd be able to help you out with more details/pics etc if you asked nicely.

Thanks Mark -

I'd seen this one and you're right, I'm hoping that CR will be able to provide some details especially about the contruction and tubing (which I can get quite nerdy about).

there is a nice war story on VRC about a chap who aparently would have taken bronze at Durango in 1990 - his bike failed and a certain Tim Gould passed him on the trail and into history.

Tim Rutherford riding for ritchey.

Yes, it was Tim Rutherford, however, he had just bridged up to TGould and was in his dust when TRutherford's Ritchey team bike snapped in half at the headtube.....
I was a Ritchey team rider at that event, and had the distinct misfortune of being at the Ritchey team condo when T Rutherford entered after snapping his frame....He held his anger from the press as he walked off the course, and let it out once inside the condo......

Back