[ebay.com]Merckx Molteni

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0384014782

Looks very :cool: . Frame looks a bit late to be ridden by molteni. IIRC merckx didn't start properly as an outfit until Eddy had long retired. Thought the molteni frames were made by Colnago. Either way it's one seriously nice frame!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I'm pretty sure Merckx did a run of these about 4 to 5 years ago as I nearly bought one but foolishly didn't.

Pretty classic though with old stock tubing, inch fork and semi-horizontal dropouts meaning it would make a nice fixie :twisted: and getting the brown chain to colour match the grips on the riser bars taken from a childs trike should be easy enough (see mrkawazaki's Cinelli SLX for details).

ededwards":9indu8yt said:
I'm pretty sure Merckx did a run of these about 4 to 5 years ago as I nearly bought one but foolishly didn't.

Pretty classic though with old stock tubing, inch fork and semi-horizontal dropouts meaning it would make a nice fixie :twisted: and getting the brown chain to colour match the grips on the riser bars taken from a childs trike should be easy enough (see mrkawazaki's Cinelli SLX for details).

Yeah, recall they did that and a few other 'classic colours', the motorola colour included.

Ideal for a fixed project, yes.

Nice for a fixie project, but at almost a thousand quid new, probably a bit expensive :(

I was lucky enought to pick up a 2002 MXL Leader in Molteni colours for a very good price :cool:

Andy

Back