£1500 BIN on a FUNk!!!

"Parts list:
Powdercoat - Beautiful blue hammertone by Powder Coating Specialties
Build-up by a very good mechanic at Bicycle Village (BB and headset properly faced and chased before building)"

says so in the description...!

I think he says that he set a silly BIN though - clearly just wants to see how much he can get without risk of actually selling it.

Get your £100 offers in! ;)

Gump, you got it in one.

I put it on to see if anyone was interested.

I know it ain't worth 1500 quid, so I knew that no one would be stupid enough to hit that button.

But if no one buy's it, it will continue to be my wall art. :D

Rob.

Weird colour scheme, a bit like mine. The price is ridiculous. If you are into Funk you need the fat fork. THAT is FUNKy!

Attachments

• fork_th.JPG
    fork_th.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,164
Anyone else feel we're starting to lose the whole 'innocence' of this retro thing? For me it was about being able (when older / working - not a skint, spotty teenager) to afford the things I never could before, from a time when riding was riding and not an mx bike minus an engine going downhill at 60 mph.

It seems now that people are begining to cash in on the whole thing and prices are getting a bit silly because there's a market there.

Similar to how Wimpy can now sell noddy boxes as 'sustainable houses' because they have a front garden whose greenery can be used as a 'carbon credit' and used in trade-off against a properly insulated roof. Sustainabilty, once a very serious issue has become another Calvin Klein.

Retro-biking, once a bit of fun amongst like-minded people seems un-nervingly close to becoming the cycling equivalent of the iPod.

Back