Another Klein Quantum

errol

Dirt Disciple
Here's my Klein Quantum. Quick story ... As a teenager in the early 90's racing triathlons I dreamt of owning a Klein Quantum but could never afford it. Skip forward a decade and just riding to and from work by then I had a few hassles with my old bike so wandered into my local bike shop to get a few parts and this Klein was sitting in the back corner unwanted seems they had taken it as a trade and no one was interested it was 10 years old by then ... so I eventually got my Klein Id wanted many years before.

Its a 1992 build ... appears to have been a custom colour my best guess is the lightest green shade off the Gator Linear fade.

The gears, brakes and cranks etc. are all Shimano 600 how I got it including 600 hubs with Campagnolo rims. I've now changed the wheels and added the levers previously had the gear levers on the frame, the levers I put on were Shimano 105 so I'm on the hunt for Shimano 600 levers to match the rest ...

Attachments

• 1992kleinquantum.JPG
    1992kleinquantum.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 2,189
  • 1992quantumklein.JPG
    1992quantumklein.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 2,189
lots of kleins lately, i love it!

definately hard to miss yours :cool: love the color, very unique and with the blue it really shines.

bwhsh8r":2idlzacf said:
definately hard to miss yours :cool: love the color, very unique and with the blue it really shines.

Yeh I'd wanted a Quantum in Klein's bright green so wasn't to disappointed with the colour of this one and in time have probably come to like this colour better anyway ... although I'd never seen one in this colour it wasn't until I came across the Klein catalogues at http://www.mtb-kataloge.de/html/klein.html that I realised that it probably was a pretty rare combination.

yup, It was not a stock color combination at all, and I love it :)

p.s. Im willing to bet you never get hit by a car because they didnt notice or see you :LOL:

There's something about old Kleins ... having owned my green Klein for many years I spotted this black Quantum on Ebay last week but the seller had pick up only and it was a thousand kilometres from my place. Any way the auction closed without a bid so I decided to make an offer and he agreed to freight it up to me so now I have two.

Like my green bike the black bike is also a late 1992 build (they were built only two months apart), it was a special order in black. Unfortunately this one is only built with Shimano 105 components but rides very nice on Velocity Aerohead rims. Today was its first trip to work with me which will mean I can keep my green Quantum as a museum piece on display in my house ready to ride when I choose to take it.

Heres a link to the auction ... it was a typical early 90's triathlon bike when it arrived ...
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130344049802&_trkparms=tab=Watching

Attachments

• kleinquantums.JPG
    kleinquantums.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 2,062
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back