Retro Wheel rebuild ...the finished result !!

Mattythemod

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I currently have a Project on the go that i have been slowly collecting parts for over the last couple of months .

Heres some pics of the wheelset wich will give you a big clue as to what i am building .
Got hold of some NOS Sun rims off a boardmember here along with some Red Hadley GT Hubs , i had some red nipples saved up as well so i gave them to my old mucker and Retrobike wheelbuilder Cannondale King to work his magic.
I am sure you will agree what came back is pretty sweet nicely tensioned and a sweet build with DT swiss double butted spokes .

I know this is a blantant plug for Cannondale King but these wheels are the dogs danglys !!

Attachments

• wheels 002 (Small).jpg
    wheels 002 (Small).jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 923
  • wheels 004 (Small).jpg
    wheels 004 (Small).jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 923
  • wheels 006 (Small).jpg
    wheels 006 (Small).jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 923
  • wheels 005 (Small).jpg
    wheels 005 (Small).jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 923
borat_nice.jpg

they look sweet there lased 3 cross and each spoke has a brass spoke washer behind it so they should never brake a spoke unless you crash badly (you wont i hope) :cool: :cool:

They do look the nuts!! Good work Mr King

I love those GT hubs. They would look great on my RTS

What is the history of the GT hubs? I have never seen them before? :?

daj":2yxn0st0 said:

I think I'm right in saying the ones with the etched logo's were made by Hadley. I've got a red set also, just changed the brearings in the rear. Very well made hubs.
Think there was another version with stuck on logos made by Machine Tech? Not as good as the Hadley made version.

S8-Tom":1anemyd8 said:
daj":1anemyd8 said:

I think I'm right in saying the ones with the etched logo's were made by Hadley. I've got a red set also, just changed the brearings in the rear. Very well made hubs.
Think there was another version with stuck on logos made by Machine Tech? Not as good as the Hadley made version.

Yea laser etched were made by Hadley for GT , real sweet hubs especially matched with red nipples :cool:

I forgot about this post...

So were the hubs/wheel sets standard on some GT`s?

or an aftermarket option?

daj":jk0mrtsl said:
I forgot about this post...

So were the hubs/wheel sets standard on some GT`s?

or an aftermarket option?
they where standard on Zasker full bikes and available after market as well.

Back