Any retro bikers in Oslo, Norway?

Oslo YO

Just about to zoom out infact!

Am starting wish had some discs too!...singlespeed ok so far tho'

Actually met some folk out riding last Sunday...including a guy on a really retro mid' 80s machine--carefully collected together during a long winter of eBay hunting...but topped off with his original Fisher FAT TRAX tyres. Great ethic! Look fwds. to riding the trails soon - am out of the City this weekend - but it seems Monday is hoiday so prehaps Nordmakka then?

Arrrg! This is the ride that wasn't meant to be! I managed all of two rides on my modern steed in the fine trails in Nordmarka and today after a ridiculously fast ride with Rye Sportsklubben I got a puncture. I
pulled the wheel out and fixed it, but noticed a distince wobble on the rear.... I've snapped a spoke on the drive-side.

Although I have a spoke key I don't have the tools to remove the cassette - I went to the LBS and they quoted me £37 for spoke replacement and truing, the wheel isn't worth that!!! If I can get the cassette off then I'll see if I can buy just one spoke. In contrast to the spoke replacement price, in the UK I can buy a pair XT hubs with DT swiss DB spokes on Mavic XC 717 rims for £140.

I'm reluctant to ride with the wheel as it is because it has already taken paint off the swinging-arm where the tyre is rubbing, plus if it gets any worse and I'm miles from home.... :( Sorry.

Ditto unocogero!

Tangent, Raske Sykel are going to sort my wheel on Tuesday, I've straightened the wheel out a bit and removed the snapped spoke so I could do so gravel road riding, if you're up for that?

I'm reluctant to do any gnarly single track though just in case I do any more damage.

if the wheels half decent might be worth considering a complete respoke . usually if one snaps the others arnt far behind

shame the guys in the shop didnt loosen the cassette off for you

Back