How you guys do it??

JeRkY":9xmlki4p said:
That piccy was before I had finished my RC200 build. The bikes shown are Pace RC100 (top) KHS alite team (bottom).

Its now the pace rack with the RC100 & 200 on it. The others are all scattered around the house in cupboards/spare rooms.

They look smart bits of kits, so do you buy bikes do them up and sell them on??

I buy bikes because I like riding & building them (I am an Engineer by trade and at my age you get looked at odly if you buy lego, so bikes are the next best thing.)

I do some times have to sell things on. And I do somethimes buy things with the intention of selling them on, I am just not that good at actually getting around to selling :)

I mean no one NEEDS one of each type of square tubed pace....but I WANT one of each, and wouldnt be able to sell any of em!

JeRkY":2xi1j533 said:
I buy bikes because I like riding & building them (I am an Engineer by trade and at my age you get looked at odly if you buy lego, so bikes are the next best thing.)

I do some times have to sell things on. And I do somethimes buy things with the intention of selling them on, I am just not that good at actually getting around to selling :)

I mean no one NEEDS one of each type of square tubed pace....but I WANT one of each, and wouldnt be able to sell any of em!

Seems there are quite a few people that have quite a few people who like building bikes on here. Space to put them must be a problem for most people.

sinnett177":shmzeoz0 said:
I'm on a two bike rule, so one in one out for me.

Thats what i would be like for me but one at a time probably lol

Truth is I'm a messy person. She knew I was and she still decided to say "Yes" when I asked the question. On the other hand, I am kind to animals and do all the cooking. Here's a plan for you rojo. Start small. Leave one or two very small and clean, preferably pretty bike related objects in strategic places around the house. I'm thinking something like some nice anodised crank bolts in something 'pastel'. If they get thrown back into the garage or shed, don't say anything, just replace them. Once they stay there for a whole week replace with anodises granny rings or something. Repeat until you have whole bikes dotted around the place!

Iwasgoodonce":3tm9ibi0 said:
Truth is I'm a messy person. She knew I was and she still decided to say "Yes" when I asked the question. On the other hand, I am kind to animals and do all the cooking. Here's a plan for you rojo. Start small. Leave one or two very small and clean, preferably pretty bike related objects in strategic places around the house. I'm thinking something like some nice anodised crank bolts in something 'pastel'. If they get thrown back into the garage or shed, don't say anything, just replace them. Once they stay there for a whole week replace with anodises granny rings or something. Repeat until you have whole bikes dotted around the place!

Nice plan, but the little kids will end up throwing them around and the dogs will end up eating the bits. The shed is full with my work gear and i have made half the garage into the wifes office. So i am stuck for space :(

If your Wife insists on taking the natural nesting habitat of bikes away from them, what more can she expect but for them to adapt to the situation and seek new nesting grounds....do you have a dinning room? :p

Back