My commute

Tad

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I cycle between Horsham and Crawley every day. It's a 12 mile route each along two dual carriage ways, just horrible! The other day a guy from work showed me a country lane, bridle path and off road route. Bimbling along two deer jumped across the path just infront of us, stopped, looked at two idiots on their bikes just sitting there watching them them, then scampered off. I arrived at work plastered in mud, not a single car had over taken me, honked at me, tried to kill me... Best commute ever. :D

(Two Tesco LED torches, 4 hose clips and some bits of old inner tubes make the ride back in pitch black a real laugh too.)

cool

i used to do grantham - sleaford 15 miles door to door and would often look at the fields and wish i could use those instead ( although it wouldave taken hours )

any notable difference in time ?

Not really, extra 10 minutes or so, no traffic to slow down for or avoid, it was so peaceful you reached this state of zen where time had no meaning.... To be honest as there were two of us I was probably a bit more enthusiastic than usual. ;)

ah great

so really with the traffic and lights and people stepping into the road and whotnot offroad mtb is quicker than a car :LOL:

Lucky? :cool: I know! Rode back in the dark again today, great fun! Slip sliding through the woods bit on Schwalbe Marathon city tyres brings a huge grin to your chops!

Back