Pics of my Wicked - pre-build .....

Ransetsu

Retro Guru
Thought i'd send some pre-build picks of my Wicked ...... does anyone know if the stickers have cracked with age or are they like that normally ?? And the big question is - will i get it re-sprayed and if so what colour ?? it's a metallic sorta plumb colour at the moment - lovely looking where it's not worn ........ and my new stickers are winging their way from the States as i type ......... anyone want to buy an old Salsa ?? hahaha

Attachments

• P1100025.JPG
    P1100025.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 1,212
  • P1100026.JPG
    P1100026.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,212
  • P1100028.JPG
    P1100028.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,212
  • P1100030.JPG
    P1100030.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,212
Lovely bike...think it was called candy red, but I could be wrong there...think your stickers have seen better days but I'm sure I've seen someone on here that's got a computer generated copy of the Wicked stickers...

For retro interest, that's the same frameset that Jake Elliot won the 1990 UK Junior MTB championships on, and came third in junior at the First World Championships at Mammoth...so there! :D

Great frame.
If I were you i'd just give it a polish, touch up the worst paint chips and put the new stickers on. You don't want it 'too pretty' or you might be scared to use it!
Where do you ride - Blacktop, Kirkhill, Tyrebagger?

nice!
colour looks similar to my original colour
you said decals comin from states? who from and how much?
these wickeds are gettin a bit too common place :D

Very nice. I'd be tempted to just build it and ride it as it is for a while. Really enjoy the bike before completely renovating it. If you do re-spray it try and keep the original colour. It looks superb IMO.

What ever you decide on the stickers keep the colour. Its understated, but looks awesome

Nice colour, if you want to use it, I would just get new decals on. Otherwise get it sprayed the same but new :D

Oh, and about the Salsa...yep please!! :D

Back