I'm a mild mannered,gentle chap....but

Me too, I rode a motorike for only a year (as learner- lucky) but I found having the lessons after that and taking the full motorbike test a very valuable asset to driving and cycling on road. :)

I try teach the GF, but she says thats nagging :roll:

My only bug bear this morning was that over taking motorists had to put their near side wheels into the slush in the centre of the lane as they passed, thereby covering my legs in skanky slushy muck. Gits!

Fcuk me that was close! Speak of the devil

Shaking now. riding back to work after lunch happily along a residential road and a Civic full of nob-lads coming opposite direction pulled across out of nowhere to turn their right, oh without indicating and quite reckless.

why the hell cant they see a guy with a new bright day glo yellow jacket and reflective bits? :twisted: :roll: i stopped right next to the car! Sooo lucky, specially as I only got my new rear brake this morning and not fitted it so took some emergency braking 'calmly' to not hit the deck.

But what more can ya do other than wear bright clothing like a copper? :roll:

Sod all I am afraid. We are viewed as the lowest form of road user by motorists who know the police will do nothing unless they witness the event and as we cannot chase them down to reprimand them in any meaningful way. You are safe and that's what matters.

you can however remember the plate . mwahahahah :twisted:

oh stealing the valves out of the tyres with a valve remover is a good one too . do 2 wheels and they are fooked

There were shouts which sounded more like "sorry" than the other, so I left em too it, its only after you get the severity of what ifs, gonna start carrying a designated camera, that will help with em parking on the multi squillion pound cycle lanes too.

theres a road near me that always has parked cars along it . im tempted to climb over them dragging my bike with me :LOL:

and how bad is this , there isnt even anyone you can directly shout at

DSC00411.jpg

Yes i usually ride up behind them, and stop thinking if i was just a bit more reckless/tougher/carefree/agressive, i'd also climb on and ride over. thing is the main roadis now single car file and theres a kerb up and down from lane to road and prob cost a lot to make, not seen mayny booked for it...yet ;)

Smaller scale, but our new route on the otherside is on an off camber ex (largely unmodified) pavement, whuch was really safe when the trees all shed their leaves (leafs?). there was some piles of em when someone swept em up a bit. Is there already a site for badly designed roads/cycle lanes? as my pics can go in it

perry":2zzkq1nz said:
and how bad is this , there isnt even anyone you can directly shout at

DSC00411.jpg

You think that's bad? At least it's only there temporarily. The idiots around here can't even design cycle lanes properly. There's quite a few with lampposts smack in the middle of the cycle bit! :roll: It seems like the people who design them don't even know the area or haven't been shown pics of it!

I'll get some pics. ;)

you would expect more from a seemingly enlightened city like Boston though

i remember a pic along a road with a big sign in the cycle lane saying " watch out for cyclists "

Back