electricity bills

OK, so average daily use is 13.5kWh. Divide that by the number of hours in the day where you are using electricity. Then you have a figure to compare to your reading.

Have you got electric heating? You really have to be going something to use 13kWh in a day.

stew-b":2b0tasl4 said:
i just checked it and it appears about right,have used 687 units since 11th nov so that about £90 in 2 months,they are estimating me to use £380 in 6 months so i shouldnt get anywhere near that,they have also tripled the amount of gas i used in 6 months for the next 6 months estimate,both of these 6 monthly estimates have raised my monthly payment from £76 to £145 :shock: boy are they going to owe me some serious money in 6 months time :LOL:

I'd read about some companies doing this. They've claimed it's to prevent customers going in to the red during the more costly winter months, whereas it's just to give them more cash in the bank :roll:

It was on Breakfast news before Christmas with some twat from one of the providers claiming they had done it to protect their customers :LOL:

EDIT: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7748057.stm

not sure as its the first bill theyve sent me.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 1,024
So you used £292 of electricity in 6 months. They've stuck the prices up 4 months in by around 20%, and they've estimated around £380 for the 6 months winter period.

Sounds pretty sensible to me.

Are you doing a lot of washing and drying??

According to your bill you've used 2326 kWh between 12/5-11/11 (214 days).

That gives an average of around 10.8kWh A DAY which is an average of 0.45kW an hour over a 24 hr period.

You have to watch how you read their bill 13kWh a day is not the same as consuming 13kWs in an hour. ;)

cherrybomb":1yk9kwxs said:
According to your bill you've used 2326 kWh between 12/5-11/11 (214 days).

That gives an average of around 10.8kWh A DAY which is an average of 0.45kW an hour over a 24 hr period.

You have to watch how you read their bill 13kWh a day is not the same as consuming 13kWs in an hour. ;)

ah ok that explains it bette then i guess but how can they say i was living on 1.3kw perday this time last year :LOL: i wasnt living in my shed by candlelight!

anyway,they are still robbing bastards :twisted:

Back