trying to give up smoking, and failing! how you doing?

al":j0wku2l8 said:
ps I'm on here twice as long as most, cos i gave up booze as well. :D
Boring git! ;)

End of Jan for me.....Gulp.....i'm really not looking forward to that :oops: :cry:

i havent smoked baccy for 3 years now. i smoked 10-20 a day for ten years. for me it was easy ......just set a date then....JUST DONT SMOKE :!: :LOL:
but honestly just be stubborn and dont smoke.... its an old saying but unless you really want to stop you never will.
also looking up lung cancer pictures on the net is a really good way of helping you to decide. :shock:

JUST DO IT :!: ;)

did it for about 3 years , decided a few months ago that i didnt like the noticable decline in fitness :evil: i couldnt ride flat out for as long as i used to , almost as if i couldnt suck in as much air as i used to

so just stopped :LOL:

no talking about , no craving , just didnt bother anymore :LOL:

its an utter waste of time , paying money to make yourself slower on a bike :? :LOL:

i did hovever put on an entire stone in the past month :shock: but i did also pedal more than 500 miles in december and 167 so far in january

Boy. I think everyone has there own story of the way that worked for them, but it really does all boil down to wanting to succeed.

I smoked for twenty years and was 'doing' over 30 roll ups a day by the end. I'd tried on numerous occasions to stop because I knew I should but it never worked. Then about 18 months ago I realised I was getting out of breath just walking places and had a constant cough. That was it, I got home one day and realised I was out of tobacco and just decided there and then I wasn't getting any more.
I'm not saying it was a walk in the park, but it was reasonably easy. I used the gum for about a week and then decided that it was horrible and just went without. I can honestly say I've not had any serious cravings since about 2 weeks after giving up.

I guess what I'm saying is; If you WANT to give up you WILL 'cos if I can do it anyone can (I've got the will power of.......well, something with no will power!) ;)

I was getting out of breath just walking places and had a constant cough

Hmmm similar ..... I was at my sisters for the weekend and she smoked like a chimney .... As you do when a smoker you seem to always smoke the same rate as who your with .... by the sunday .... I honestly couldnt get a lung full of air ...My lungs were solid :shock: Me my sister and my Niece ( not that I knew she did :twisted: ) Stopped together :D Had a slight hiccup over dads funeral time for a couple of days but no problems stopping again :oops:

I prob only smoked 10-15 over about three days but went for a ride and bloody hell I knew it .... you wouldnt think so but I sware it :shock:

I used to smoke an ounce of Golden Virginia a day.
There's two things you need to know:
1. It's something that created it's own need. You weren't born needing a cigarette, you didn't need one until you had your second one.
2. Everyone that smokes looks absolutely stupid. Seriously. All smokers look pissed off when they're smoking and they think no-one's looking at them, because deep down they all know how stupid it makes them look.
Stopped five years ago, and haven't touched one since.
Take it easy, you can too.
Incidentally, about a month after I stopped I pulled this girl who smoked. We went back to hers and ended up in bed. She stuck her smoke flavoured fingers in herself, then in my mouth, and not a word of a lie, I nearly threw up on her.
Cigarettes are disgusting. Really, you have nothing to lose.

i quit 2 years ago now best thing i ever did i used the nhs system they really help and they can tell when you cheat ;) ;) remeber if your a smoker your a joker and you stink ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: its not hard once you get past the first three weeks clean you need a bike to work on in your free time a really bad project thats really f**ked so it uses all your concetration it really helped me and i used little treats like new xt rear meh after 2 weeks new shifters after 4 and so on :cool: ;) :cool: so hang in there and good luck :cool:

Back