Does anyone have an idea what this is?

Thank you so much for your help. Holding the frame in my hand, and looking at the pictures from the link in the previous message pretty much confirms, to me at any rate, what the frame is. I'm learning all the time where to look for information and it is quite an adventure, an entire evening can easily slip by!

Re:

I think the webmaster of that Bertin site might also be a member on here (Bertin Jim?) so you could try to pm him on here, or leave a message on his site, and see what he thinks?

Bertin also had a business relationship with Ron Kitching of course, so it's not impossible that some frames were imported to UK and started life with Ron Kitching transfers? That's just my speculation, though..

Old Ned":1zhtypfb said:
jim haseltine":1zhtypfb said:
My somewhat faulty memory suggests that Pete Longbottom's father was quite a useful cyclocross rider in his youth and was a handy veteran time trailer. His daughter (Pete's sister, who's name escapes me for the moment) married Jeff Williams who rode as a pro for Raleigh for a couple of seasons. Ian White's shop was in Haxby, he sold up after a few years to concentrate on a sports media company I think. If I remember correctly the clothing was produced by Dave Byworth.

Pete's Dad was a good vet TT'er. He could put some time into me at any rate! Not that it means that much................ :(

Dave Byworth, that's who it was. He was a regular on rhe race scene locally as well in the 80's.

Found a small ad. in a 1983 Cycling for Dave Byworth's company. It was called 'Skinwear'. Simple and quite obvious I suppose..............

Hi everyone,
I found a crack in the frame of the mystery bike just below the seat post pinch bolt and decided to have it repaired. However when cleaning back the paint I finally found some stamping. I think it says 'BUTTED' followed by something I can't make out.

This picture shows 'BUTTED'

This picture shows the text following 'BUTTED', you can just make out the 'D' of butted but the rest of the text is too vague to make out.

Does this remind anyone of a particular manufacturers style? I suppose more may be uncovered when I get the rest of the paint off.

Attachments

• insert 2.jpg
    insert 2.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 448
  • Insert 1.jpg
    Insert 1.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 448
Back