1995 Fat Chance Yo Eddy

Prodigal Son":3vtoubjq said:
mk one":3vtoubjq said:
Peachy!":3vtoubjq said:
Evening Mk1... just read this through... very nice frame

What’s the plan regarding brakes? Sticking with the Maggies?

:) thank you, it deserves to be ridden though. I am a bit more motivated by the fact you have built a handful of bikes and all with a lot of effort thrown in, in less time than it has took me to bolt a few parts to this :oops:

I'm all over the place regarding brakes, currently have 987's fitted but may change :facepalm:

I would go v brakes, cheap avids and finish the bars the thumb shifters moving 8speeds if it´s a racer. It´s such a nice smooth combo that is a no brainer. I have those cranks on my ibis but the plan is change to a shimano xt 2x setup. Triples are nice when moving slow. On a go fast bike a 2x is better.

Defiantly not V's on this :facepalm: and nothing wrong with properly set up canti's! The 987's are my favorite brakes and more than capable in any situation ;)

The current shifters and mechs are M950's so are 8spd but may fit some M952 shifters and mechs and go 9spd. As for front chainrings, triples are way faster for me :? :D

Ok, so I think I’m missing something... aren’t M987 hydraulic disc brakes?

Peachy!":b2rdkj3v said:

Probably are, im not sure, im referring to Dia Compe 987 canti brakes though :)

mk one":19dky782 said:
Peachy!":19dky782 said:

Probably are, im not sure, im referring to Dia Compe 987 canti brakes though :)

Doh!!!! :facepalm: :LOL:

Attachments

• B3252345-38B0-473C-B59B-8379C60BFB5B.jpeg
    B3252345-38B0-473C-B59B-8379C60BFB5B.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 774
mk one":mid0103r said:
So, decided to build the bike as a usable race bike. Maybe even for the Malverns you never know :LOL:

Fitted an XTR bb and Kooka crankset, needs the purple chainring bolts changing though. Also fitted a set of Racelines, have a few sets to choose from so will swap them round to find best set. These are just resting on and need studs fitting and hoses cut. They really stand out against the black and im sure are not to everyones taste.

Still probaly going to run M950 shifters/mechs, even though i have a nice set of X-Rays, i intend to hopefully race it so the Rapid fires will more than likely find their way on for now.

Still going with the CK/Mavic wheels but not sure about tyres. I was thinking of running Smoke/Dart re-issues but the Rocket Rons ive been using are really really good. Will have to see

Just some pics took the other night...
I love the mag’s I think they really work.

redfour":17a21zx5 said:
I love the mag’s I think they really work.

Yes i like them, i just cant get over the rear canti hanger sat doing nothing though.

Just a couple more bits to get, slowly but surely... P1012327.JPG P1012320.JPG P1012319.JPG

Last edited:
jonnymcenroe":29ci385d said:
Dang!

This is beautuful.

Thank you. Could be prettier but im building it to ride so going more for function than beauty.

tintin40":29ci385d said:
Love Fat Chance. My fav steel

:) ive yet to ride it, im hoping it is as good as they say.

Haven't seen you about for a while, hope your keeping well and still getting out on the bike :)

Back