1995 Fat Chance Yo Eddy

So, decided to build the bike as a usable race bike. Maybe even for the Malverns you never know :LOL:

Fitted an XTR bb and Kooka crankset, needs the purple chainring bolts changing though. Also fitted a set of Racelines, have a few sets to choose from so will swap them round to find best set. These are just resting on and need studs fitting and hoses cut. They really stand out against the black and im sure are not to everyones taste.

Still probaly going to run M950 shifters/mechs, even though i have a nice set of X-Rays, i intend to hopefully race it so the Rapid fires will more than likely find their way on for now.

Still going with the CK/Mavic wheels but not sure about tyres. I was thinking of running Smoke/Dart re-issues but the Rocket Rons ive been using are really really good. Will have to see

Just some pics took the other night... P1010724 (Medium).JPG P1010729 (Medium).JPG P1010732 (Medium).JPG P1010727 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Re:

People still making top 10s in cx races in the US on these. Lovin the neon yellow contrast with the frame colours :cool:

Fitted the M950 rear mech and shifter pods. I really like them over the M910 i had on earlier, seem to go better with the black theme i seem to be heading towards :)

Also found the Magura QR canti bolts and the fixing bolts, still missing two washers from the boosters though :roll: so they are actually attached now.

Need to get the wheels built and find a front mech now. P1011063 (Medium).JPG P1011070 (Medium).JPG P1011062 (Medium).JPG P1011066 (Medium).JPG P1011060 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Re: Re:

enc":bukdjxai said:
cant decide if i prefer the red or black :) ...amazing colour scheme :cool:

Yeah, i really like it. I like the red with the black contrast but find myself drawn to the darkside more and more :)

Re:

I really like this so please don't be offended but I've been wondering what people use as hose clamps when using magura brakes as zip ties don't stay in one place nor keep the hose in the same position.

Re: Re:

kalex":3cf8phh7 said:
I really like this so please don't be offended but I've been wondering what people use as hose clamps when using magura brakes as zip ties don't stay in one place nor keep the hose in the same position.

Only just seen this, sorry :oops:

I suppose you could use the hose guides that fit into the cable stops, few companies make them. I have always used zip ties, once done up, if you turn the tie around so the cable sits in the groove/v shape that is under the lock on the tie, you can then do the tie up tight and it doesnt move :)

mark

Slow progres, but i did manage to source a front mech (thanks Patrick), so as the Yo was sat next to me when i unboxed it... P1011393 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Back