1995 Fat Chance Yo Eddy

Wonderfull... got to say i suspect this fork belongs on pre 93 yos (non susp corrected) though i believe it will ride brilliantly on that frame. It looks so good.

First of all, its lovely.

Tiny bit of criticism , the M950 shifters look odd against all the black. Maybe try M739 ones or thumbies?

Wonderfull... got to say i suspect this fork belongs on pre 93 yos (non susp corrected) though i believe it will ride brilliantly on that frame. It looks so good.

Could be, never actually thought about that . I do have a colour matched suss fork to go with the frame, but am building it to race so prefer rigid. Also was originally trying to go all black and the suss forks have silver crown. I will have to see how it rides, no doubt I will be tweaking it a bit around the cockpit area anyway so will see.

First of all, its lovely.

Tiny bit of criticism , the M950 shifters look odd against all the black. Maybe try M739 ones or thumbies?

Thanks mate.

It originally had M910 on it, but like above regarding the silver crown on the forks I wanted to go as dark as possible, and like earlier in the thread I cant justify spending on full black US parts, that along with it now being built to race I wanted something reliable so went with the M950 shifters and mechs over the M910. Also means I can use SS5 levers which I prefer :)

Could be, never actually thought about that . I do have a colour matched suss fork to go with the frame, but am building it to race so prefer rigid. Also was originally trying to go all black and the suss forks have silver crown. I will have to see how it rides, no doubt I will be tweaking it a bit around the cockpit area anyway so will see.
Yours is a Yo Eddy fork.. A 94 yo would be corrected to the 415mm a-c BOI fork. Those command tall, very tall prices these days. The BOI is more forgiving due to smaller diameter legs and slightly taller than the original yo eddy fork.

A 94 yo would be corrected to the 415mm a-c BOI fork.

Agree, though it could well have been designed around a short travel fork. Like I said, I will have to wait to see how it handles, though a few degrees here and there have never really troubled me that much in the past :)

10mm is 1deg, so if the Yo fork is 395mm A-C its 20mm or 2 deg out for a sus corrected 94 Yo, resulting in a steeper head angle and more twitchy less stable handling. See how you find the ride and then maybe source a taller crown race spacer. They can be found on ebay for around £20-25or so or get one machined to your needs.

10mm is 1deg, so if the Yo fork is 395mm A-C its 20mm or 2 deg out for a sus corrected 94 Yo, resulting in a steeper head angle and more twitchy less stable handling. See how you find the ride and then maybe source a taller crown race spacer. They can be found on ebay for around £20-25or so or get one machined to your needs.

Yes, if the frame was designed to run a suss corrected fork it would be a bit out, though we don't know if it was, as in, all the tubes/dimensions are not standard so the headtube angle may well be different too, the person who specced it may have been a fan of the older non corrected frames, we'll see.

Back