CBT – Kinda bike related

greenfinger":2v6ctgc9 said:
You'd spend hours removing body work, fuel tank, radiator etc JUST TO CHANGE THE SPARK PLUGS!!!

sounds exactly like that vfr i had there, bloody nightmare to change the plugs :evil:

:cool: I was thinking of VFRs but didn't want to say so 'cos of your pic.

You could always go for a retro ride once ready, with something like my bro's triumph....
0001003oq4.jpg

fantastic character :cool: long as you like oil leaks :LOL:

Sorry for hijacking your thread Crayons but this brings back fond memories.

:LOL: We used to work on and sell old British stuff too. We'd drain all the oil out of them when they went in the show room so folks would believe they were oil tight :LOL:

This is the Retro British ride i'd go for, slow, impractical, noisy, uncomfortable, sh*te handling but i wouldn't care when it look's like this :cool:

It's an early 70's Triumph 650 chop, sold on E-bay for 3K a while ago.

chopperside.jpg

moterbikes pulled me away from cycles for 5 years.....had lambie and then an intruder for cruising.....loved em both...still a biker at heart and would swap me sannie for that triumph in a heartbeat(soz max i would ...retro mbikes british 1s are lovely)..... :shock:

do it and get a monster of a bike (my last one was a zx12r with a engine full of muzzy tuning parts and 186bhp at the wheel god i miss that bike so much :cry: :cry: :cry: ) and go and ride the guts off it for ten mins.
then once you stop shaking vow never to that again :p

no seriously tho if you aint used to modern sports bikes (and they are some serious bits of kit when you want them to be) working up to a bigger bike is a very good idea IF you have the will power that i never did :?
in saying that get some thing like a early 90,s zzr 600/cbr 600 still a very capable machine but nice and cheap and if you bin it just street fighter it :twisted:
and a good stepping stone to bigger/more powerfull machines (that you will NEED !!!!!) lol

and as said above dont skimp on protection for your self a good quality set of leathers/boots/gloves/helmet are esential

rob

supermoto's are always an option too, tremendous fun!! :cool:

note to self.....stop thinking about bikes until you can afford another...... :roll: ;)

yep threads like this are bad news for me :evil:
im on a wife enforced lay off with motor bikes after i was coming back from donnington one day on the m1 doing way too many mph (in top cog hitting rev limiter :twisted: :oops: ) when a side wind blew me about 6 inches the wrong side of the central reservation line in the crap at the side of the motorway scarey as feck as the bike went sideways at 170+!!!!!
my mate then proceded to tell the boss all about it (knob end)
the zx12r was for sale 2 days later :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Back