Yeti build thread. Not in the wrong section.

I fear that the chain might be the last straw. Not for you @LumPi Panda but for our poor fragile minds which have already been blown to smithereens repeatedly throughout this thread. Can you please give us all fair warning so that we can fortify ourselves with whatever we need to cope?
Still need to do the chain...

Sorts out paint drawers...

Organises nuts and bolts collection...

Last edited:
I’ve really enjoyed stumbling over your thread and the last 20 minutes catching up on it.

Blows my mind not just when I see someone applying the sort of technical and artistic skills you’ve got but the time and attention to detail. I think the wheel building is my favourite part so far.

I can remember as a child looking at models of cars and bikes thinking I wish they were just that little bit more realistic and wondering why they didn’t have more “real” bits. Your working miniature SPDs fulfil that wish!

Looking forward to seeing the chain……
Thanks Gtpulse,

I used to look at models in museums as a kid and think "is that somebody's job?". I was often more interested in the model than whatever it was trying to teach me.

Glad that I have fulfilled your wish. The pedals have a working four-piece axle inside the aluminium tube, so they can still rotate without falling off. Wish I'd taken a picture of them.

i (6).jpg

Bit more heat bending. Lettering done using the same technique as the KS dropper logo, but this time using black plastic and silver paint.

i (7).jpg

Waterslide Colorado flag. This goes on the back of the seat tube.

i (1).jpg
Started adding bolts and what-nots.
The bolt heads are bits of styrene tube sanded to a slight taper. I found that if you stuff a tiny allen key into the tube first it gives a lovely hex socket effect.
Running out of little bits to finish,

still need to do the chain...

mows lawn...

pairs socks...

counts pennies in big jar...

I think you said the chain had to move, so I'm assuming 1 million laser cut buts of .8mm styrene and a whole lot of 1mm plastic rod. if this is the case, yer, you don't need a chain. :)

I think you said the chain had to move, so I'm assuming 1 million laser cut buts of .8mm styrene and a whole lot of 1mm plastic rod. if this is the case, yer, you don't need a chain. :)
Might just make a 1:4 scale workstand instead and pass it off as a model of a bike getting repaired.

Or just put it upside down on it's saddle and handlebars.

Back