Scott AT2 bar grips

v11boy

Dirt Disciple
Good evening,

Can anyone shed any light on how I go about putting new grips on my AT2’s, the original foam ones have split so need to get some replacements and fit them.

- what type of grips will fit and look right
- fitting - how the bloody hell? Bag over the ends of the bars and force them on? Looks like it will be a bastard!

Thanks
Stay safe

Attachments

• 0CEE9505-E2CF-4EC7-AD7F-672AFAD476C7.jpeg
    0CEE9505-E2CF-4EC7-AD7F-672AFAD476C7.jpeg
    202.8 KB · Views: 348
Re:

Foam Ritchey True grips. Get them wet and soapy so they will slide over the ones on the outside of your bars

Muz

The grip on my AT2 was completely gone. I bought some (cheapish) extra large foam grips so it's a one piece bar grip again.

Alternative for soaking and soaping is hairspray (to slide them over the bare metal).

Only pic I have here. Will take one from the grip if interested.

Attachments

• finished_LR.jpg
    finished_LR.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 301
WimVDD":n30zp3g2 said:
Only pic I have here. Will take one from the grip if interested.

Funnily enough, it's the same bike as my one with the aforementioned grips. Only mine has Pace RC35s on

Muz

What I have done to my Scott Boulder '94 AT2 before to put a drop bar was a double layer of Fizik 2mm black bar tape, not very cheap option but i found it even better than the foam grips. Must have photos somewhere.

Re:

Excellent thanks for the suggestions.. I have some bar cork tape already so will give that a bash, bar end grips are mint still. Only paid £50 for the bike but want it to be presentable!!

For Scott AT bars, you can just wrap cork tape around the entire bar, because you will want to grab it in all different areas. It works quite well.

Latest posts

Back