Lock on Bar Grips - which way round

retrovet

Dirt Disciple
I feel quite foolish asking this question, but when you want to do something right it's best to ask ... so I'm refurbing one of my kids' old bikes and the bar grips needed replacing. It has a single SRAM 3.0 gripshift up front, so I bought some Oxford gripshift specific lock-on grips. All good, but which way round am I supposed to mount them? Nothing on the instructions or web site, so looked at pics/videos online. There are people installing lock-on grips both ways round. Some makes have closed ends, so it's obvious which way these fit (clamp inboard), but others are open at both ends and come with bar-end plugs, so could be fitted either way round.

My thinking is that the best place to fit would probably be with the lock on the inside, as this is where your thumb and forefinger exert most twisting motion. If you fit the clamp on the end then the length of the grip acts as a bit of a lever (or torsion bar) on the clamp - doesn't it?

Any advice gratefully received.

Yes, those are the ones. Thanks for the advice. I will fit them the way round you suggest. I makes sense from a comfort point of view.

Back