Show us what you did today, thread

Re: Re:

firedfromthecircus":26ytjmw9 said:
Jamiedyer":26ytjmw9 said:
Well I left work yesterday and headed south to pick up a project that has been waiting for me for a while, it doesn’t need much just now and is very usable as is. Very excited as I have been looking for one for ages since the first time I seen one in Canada and this is perfect.
It’s not cycling related but is definitely retro. Barry definitely would understand and has seen this ;)

Have I?

I'm gonna guess it's made of wood and canvas. Am I close?

Ah, is it a wood strip canvas canoe Jamie?

Hope so :D We had a couple of the old canoes in our scout group. A wooden skeleton frame with what looked like an oiled canvas stretched across the it. They hung from the roof so likely the reason they survived us :LOL:

Re:

It is indeed a wood and canvas Old Town HW.
I am currently sitting in a services just shy of the border, so will soon be safe and back with my own kind ;)
Well pleased with the canoe as had seen its history on SotP forum previously and when it came for sale we did a deal that was great for us and helped in no small part that it was going to a family that would use it and also that I can maintain it as it should be. The history and everything checked out with Heritage Canoe Association and so here we are ready to paddle :)
We will keep our other Old Town Guide and this will be our Sunday best type canoe. So my kayak that rarely gets used as I am a canoe boy myself will be up for sale if anyone wants a cheap kayak, just message me.

Jamie

What is yours Jamie, canoe or kayak ?. I now remember the one in the hall was a 2 seater with a longer cockpit, but not completely open stem to stern :? I think the early ones with a front deck were still classed as a canoe because of this longer cockpit.

So when are we getting pics then. After you've spent the evening sitting in it in your livingroom :LOL: :LOL:

Jamiedyer":ws1f8jw6 said:
It is indeed a wood and canvas Old Town HW.

Lovely. :cool:
canoe.gif

Look forward to some pics. Who did it belong to on SoTP? Is it SamB's one?

Jamiedyer":2lkb5wkj said:
Barry it was the one Sam B restored back in 2015 I think

You replied as I was editing my post to ask if it was Sams.

Very nice indeed. Gonna read his resto thread now. :mrgreen:

Re:

I will try and put a photo up today but I am still in Perth as my sister and brother in law are over from Australia and are meeting Heather, Caleb and myself tonight at an air b&b tonight near here. Heathers on her way down this morning. We have the week off hence why I made the long haul south. Best opportunity which is why it’s taken me a while to pick it up.
So not back home but from Friday night to Sunday afternoon I had done just on 1100 miles.
Now to relax, have a paddle maybe :)
Brian, you know I don’t really put much of my paddling stuff up anywhere as it’s usually just bits and pieces with the family. The blog if anything should be renamed two old guys going nowhere slowly ;)
Hope all’s going well and to best plan.
Jamie

Back