OT: Any Vegetarians on here?

richie-t":2dzs69fm said:
you veg heads should go on a tour of duty with BEAR GRYLLS.

he'll show you some fine meats....

I've shot, killed, skinned and eaten plenty of stuff pre 1984, also visited a running slaughter house end to end and sat and watched several hundred animals get processed (pigs to bacon more or less).....still have the photos......THAT was an eye opener, the sounds and smell would put most people off :shock:

It's important that people know where their food comes from and the route it took to their plate IMHO.

Life is all about choices ;)

Yeh Neill totally agree.

Reckon we'd have a lot less meat eaters if people were forced to do the hunting, killing, skinning, gutting thing - even if it was just as an educational exercise.

Its all too convenient nowadays so ignorance is the norm.

stevet1":1qujx9ym said:
I swapped to soya milk on my weetabix about 8 years ago as well.

Just don’t overdo it with the soy products, after a bit for research I think soy products will be considered the tobacco of the 21st century (where once the product was socially acceptable and not only seen as safe but actually have positive health properties).

I read a story a few years ago http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/2006/jul ... odanddrink and it got me thinking as a few of my friends are vego. This site http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/index.htm is run (or has something to do with at least) Dr Mike Fitzpatrick mentioned in the Guardian article and is full of good info.

Sad thing is every one of my friends who is vego (vegetarian and vegans) has totally disregarded this research as biased, and not taken any of it seriously – but then again most of them believe in astrology, think crystals have healing powers and have paid good money to clairvoyants :? (maybe I better read that section on cognitive function again).

Hi,

Been a veggie for over twenty years. I don't eat animals or animal by-products.

I now find it strange that people do eat them. Although i have no problem with the fact they do.To each their own,as they say.
I choose not to eat animals because i have the choice not to. The day i haven't a choice is the day the bunny gets it! ;)

I may be daft but i ain't stoopid!!! And to all those that choose to eat animals, all i ask is think about what and where you buy your meat, It's the least you can do.

Cheers,Al :D

"after a bit for research I think soy products will be considered the tobacco of the 21st century "

ive got visions of factorys all around the country putting up little sheds around the back so the addicts can get their fix on breaks and mutter how they tried to quit for a week but couldnt resist the urge :LOL:

i think seeing any animal being slaughtered is not a nice thing (assuming you're not a sadistic sh*t).

BUT meat is good and protein is an essential part of any diet. I just hope you guys fill up on beans and nuts!

I do agree all the battery farming shit should stop and it'd be nice to know that every animal you eat has at least not been forced to piss and shit over its own legs for its entire existance.

Latest posts

Back