OT: Any Vegetarians on here?

Totally agree with all you said DMR....we have become a nation that buys on price irrespective of any other quality.
That pushes out the 'little' people leaving the Big Four with a virtual monoploy...and they will exploit that to the full.
Their marketing and pricing is riddled with...what I would call...bad practice.. deceptive even.
My experience is the wine trade.....and how many times do I see....half price...down from £7.99 to £3.99 It's basic deception in my book..the wine in most occasions worth, maybe, £3.99...And of course these 'deals' are supplier funded...the Supermarkets don't take any hit......just the importers/growers etc
I'm going off on one (and totally off-topic)...better go and have a rest :LOL:

Confirmed meat eater here, although I'm very careful where I source it from. We're going to have a couple of lambs and a pig at a friends organic small holding next year too. They've just started rearing them, we already get all our eggs and some chicken from them.
I'm not against none organic meat, but I am against poor husbandry.

Meat eater and proud of it :)

Beef, Pork, Chicken, Eggs, Shrimp, Lobster, clams....yummy in my tummy!

Salt/MSG - Yummy too. Cannot eat anything without it.

Fish - Depends

I will go CRAZY if I become a vegetarian.

We don’t eat much meat as a household (it’s too hot this time of year, fruit, dips and salads are much nicer). I hate pork though. Years ago a flatmate of mine took some pork chops out of the freezer, let them defrost then decided he didn’t want them so put them back in the fridge. Next day I take them out and cook them – I lost 7kg in 24 hours! I have never had food poisoning like it, it just about killed me.

When I was living in the US I worked on a couple of farms. One was a pig farm; all those stories of cruelty are not only true but even worse than you think – like castrating piglets with a rusty scalpel and docking them with fencing pliers!

The other farm I worked on was an organic vegetable farm, they made a doco on it ‘The real dirt on Farmer John’, much nicer place to work on.

I eat very little meat-
Christmas Dinner
Proper fresh seafood when on holiday etc
and thats just about it.

I cannot tolerate animal cruelty- I have seen horrible things on a National Trust Farm- god knows what Bernard Matthews gets away with?!

Haven't eaten anything for 24hrs and counting due to a stomach bug tho haha!

Been Veggie since when my parents would let me stop eating meat, around 13 or 14. Just couldn't see any difference between the meat on my plate and my pet rabbit.
Never miss it.
I swapped to soya milk on my weetabix about 8 years ago as well. Can't stand it in tea though so I do use cow milk for that, and I do love my cheese as well so not much chance of turnign vegan although I'd like to.

The way I see it is if you make money out of animals, you will yearn greater profits from cutting corners.

It happens regardless of laws/restrictions/inspections etc. It happens all over the world, in small farms and in industrial mass production.

Unfortunatley this process leads to unnecessary suffering. Battery hens, meat production - I've seen it first hand and its pretty inhumane. You've got to think why are we doing this...

I'd rather not contribute to that industry full stop to be honest with you.

Not eaten meat since 1984, that includes fish.

My motto is 'Nothing with eyes on' ;)

Cue the potato jokes :roll: :LOL:

Extends to nothing with gelatine, rennet, animal fat and any other animal by-products.

Neill

Latest posts

Back