Rocky mountain Team Comp???

gump":66y8n6rt said:
Not sure what it is, and frame nos from early Rockies weren't exactly encyclopedic.

Tempted to go for a punt and find out later. Give me something to stick the syncros powerlites/stem/bars/post etc on at last..

I have a RM '91 altitude frame just laying in the shed :LOL:

anyways, frame number may help, and the type of stamping may as well.

I'll have a look, nut not having the hole in the drop out would make it '92+ though. Thingies on head tube was a '91 thing, though lack of noodles either makes it cheap or also not '91....

Though being handbuilt at the time, it may have a transitional design between '91 to '92 Equipe/Vertex

Look, if your not gonna build your Altitude, it should be put somewhere else to good use! ;)

OOOh… I'll second that sentiment. Early '90s Altitude is on my 'I'll buy one' list. Needs to be an 18.5" frame though :D ;)

A Rocky Mountain Team Comp does not exist.

It's definitely not a Rocky Mountain Altitude.

and it's definitely not a Rocky Mountain Blizzard.

I'm not sure it is a Rocky Mountain frame.

Matze010":1q93l1yo said:
A Rocky Mountain Team Comp does not exist.

It's definitely not a Rocky Mountain Altitude.

and it's definitely not a Rocky Mountain Blizzard.

I'm not sure it is a Rocky Mountain frame.

I believe someone who had a Team comp and someone who sold one (Super Swin ?) may disagree with that.
What is your proof and how do you discount the article in one of the old magazine's that tested it...

We know already it's not an Altitude or Blizzard :roll:

A 92 Team Comp, currently owned by Crayons if I'm not mistaken.

To be fair, Crayons says that the Team Comp was not sold in North America, so maybe that's why there is some mystery over it. And I'm intrigued by the fact that Equipe is French for Team, so maybe there could be a link there - perhaps it could be a special Equipe for the European market that had Suntour XC Comp kit. It looks quite similar to an early 90s Equipe as well, and at that point the Equipe seems to have been above the Blizzard in the RM hierarchy.

Attachments

• 1992 Team Comp size 18.5 Tange Ultimate.jpg
    1992 Team Comp size 18.5 Tange Ultimate.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 2,264
  • 1992 Team Comp decal.jpg
    1992 Team Comp decal.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 2,264
I had never heard of the team comp until this site tbh. Don't think they are very common.

I think the Blizzard has eveolved over the years - early on I understood this was less a straight hirarchy - with the Altitude/Stratos/Equipe etc being race types, and the Blizzard being a more heavy duty trekking type.

Latest posts

Back