For Sale and Wanted ads rule request

richie-t":2dag35vx said:
yeah its not fair not leaving feedback, especially if you've left it for them!

maybe this is one area which could be chased up on more to improve the buying/selling on here.

Fair enough, are you offering to chase up all the transactions on here without feedback left from both sides? ;)

This seems to be a topic that comes up frequently - hell, discussion lead to the For Sale 'rules (which you've all read, right?) and establishment of the Feedback Firum - and while healthy debate is always good it's difficult to think of many simple, easy, non time consuming things that could be put in place to help the situation further.

eBay, for example, is much more structured and resourced than we can ever be or want to be, but unsatisfactory transactions happen there as much as anywhere despite feedback, buyer protection, dispute resolution etc. However on eBay, like here, the proportion of unsatisfactory transactions is tiny compared to those that leave both parties happy - if it wasn't so it would quickly fold as people lost confidence.

For Sale is a vibrant part of the site, certainly one of the first things I look at when I log on, and is overwhelmingly successful with lots of satisfied punters.

This is not to belittle anyone who has had a bad transaction - I know from bitter experience how frustrating it can be - but to suggest that it is you as a buyer who needs to decide what precautions to take (how to pay? e-mail address? phone no.? address? none?), weigh up the risk and then make the buy or not.

Apologies if the above sounds harsh, but I think it reflects the responsibility we must all accept.

I leave feedback, but only if there is a feedback button in their profile (or they ask but then I ask tehm to add it to the profile ;)).
I know I don't get it left for me all the time.

Though back on topic. It would be nice to add the - communicate with the other party when thing arrive, but it should work vice versa as well, like tell them when you have sent it and who is doing the delivering.

FluffyChicken":2022shxj said:
I leave feedback, but only if there is a feedback button in their profile

I didn't even know there was one, until now.......... :roll:

Edit: Just put the button on :oops:

ededwards":goc0q5fa said:
richie-t":goc0q5fa said:
yeah its not fair not leaving feedback, especially if you've left it for them!

maybe this is one area which could be chased up on more to improve the buying/selling on here.

Fair enough, are you offering to chase up all the transactions on here without feedback left from both sides? ;)

just call me the feedback police

Back