Show us what you did today, thread

Re:

Took the resurrected Cinder Cone out along the Formartine & Buchan Way to the north of Aberdeen. It's an old railway line so no steep climbs and is fairly well surfaced, so it wasn't too tough on the old girl :)

Attachments

• 20180531_200213-597x1061.jpg
    20180531_200213-597x1061.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 372
Hi all, hope the weekend is being kind to you all.
Last night I arrived home with Calebs new bike, a Frog 55, and yes it is in team Sky colours :cry: but hey ho he loves it.
He has graduated from his 16'' wheel Diamondback singlespeed to this which is 20'' wheel and 8 speed Shimano.
It's very lightweight and has good quality stuff through out and seems a good proper bike. He really loves it but due to him not being very well at the moment he has only ridden it a short while this morning. He wants a rack so he can put panniers on it and ride to Orkney, not a bad ambition for a 7 year old.
It's a great bike that came with more rugged off road tyres, mudguards which I fitted straight away and touch up paint. Which is all very nice and saves having to then go and source it all when he just wants to ride.

As it's the Team Sky edition it came with a few extras in an unmarked box ;)

Jamie

DSC_1927 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN4851 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN4849 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Touch up paint
DSC_1928 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Sky edition extras, Prednisolone steroids and a Salbutomol inhaler, for those tricky hills ;)
DSC_1931 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSC_1933 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

You forgot a Jiffy bag to keep it all in.

Looks great. New bikes are always exciting. I remember having to sit and stare at mine one time as I wasn’t allowed to ride it until my birthday.

Re:

Welcome to the big leagues Caleb.
Jamie, don't pretend that's touch up paint, we all know you just left your nail polish out.

I must admit he did ride that this morning with at least 6 of those steroids in his system and at least ten puffs of Salbutomol so I hope the testers don't show up. He's far too young to be banned for life :)
He is really not well at all but I had to let him ride it up the road this morning, he is so excited.
I was out this afternoon still trying to decide about the Jack Taylor repaint or not. It is still just cobbled together with the stuff off the Mercian and some Dura Ace that was in the spares box. Problem is I have the Mercian that could do with a repaint and another project on the go. If only all my problems were so :)
It was quite foggy with the sea Harr not lifting much all day so quite bleak really but I got a good 30 odd kilometres in with a coffee stop at some friends.
Hope the weather was better for the rest of the macretro clan and you managed to bask in the sunshine.

Jamie

DSCN4861 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN4863 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN4865 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

I had a while out this afternoon with Caleb as he put some miles in on his new bike and I tried to teach him about using his gears. Had to find a few hills but he is getting it pretty quickly. He wants to ride the 24 mile round trip to Thurso tomorrow as he has a party at the pool in town. We probably should as he wants to ride his bike rather than be on the back of the Dummy when we go tour Orkney again in the summer holidays. Not very retro but thought I would share. :)

Jamie

DSC_1946 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN4872 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Back