Batavia professional 531 frame numbet

conasata2

Dirt Disciple
I just acquired a Batavus professional 531 and I'd like to know more about þhe frame such as date etc.
Stamped under the bottom bracket are three sets of numbers...
on the left side on its own is 3
In the middle 54... which I presume is size
And on the right side 4665
It came with a shimano 600 abaresque groupset
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

"3" is the last digit of the build year, "4665" the serial number. Need more info to determine the correct decade. And yes, "54" would be the size.

Put the pictures on a photo hosting site like Flickr, and link to them from here.

Anyway, I'm betting it's an '83, if the 600 EX is original. '83 is also a lot more common than '73 or '93.

For reference, here's my '84, which looks a lot the '83 model:

1k0.jpg

I'ts just a frame at the moment, I need to decide what to build it with, white RX100, 1055, 6400 or 7400 DA, I'm not sure what the frame deserves, i'm thinking the DA might be better suited to the Duell, I'll take a picture of the frame tomorrow if you like.

spitball":2afiwplk said:
I'ts just a frame at the moment, I need to decide what to build it with, white RX100, 1055, 6400 or 7400 DA, I'm not sure what the frame deserves, i'm thinking the DA might be better suited to the Duell, I'll take a picture of the frame tomorrow if you like.

It's a top level frame, a direct competitor to the Gazelle Champion Mondial, so DA would look right at home.

It's a top level frame, a direct competitor to the Gazelle Champion Mondial, so DA would look right at home.[/quote]

Really!
I prefer the Duell I have over the Batavus for the DA, I have a 1980 Gazelle CM, I was thinking of white finish RX100 or 1055/6 for the Batavus.

Back