Reloved Zaskar.

Jowhite

Retro Newbie
Hi all.
I've been guided towards this site from a friend.
I inherited my late brothers bike which I know was his pride and joy but due to his ill health spent approx 3years in a lock up unused.

I brought it home last year while sorting his affairs out.
I had no idea what type of bike it was until I asked and posted pics on my running club triathlon page where a few members were delighted to see the retro girl.

She needed a complete service and some well overdue tlc so the only place I entrusted her to was Thatto Heath Cycles in St Helens.

I picked her up on Thursday and to say I was reduced to tears by the work they had done to bring her back up to looking like a 'happy' girl was an understatement.

I actually want to hang her above the fireplace to just look at and admire lol but be assured I have every intention of making full use of her. In my brothers memory.

Hey Jowhite

Sounds like you have done a great thing, investing in something that will not only give you great pleasure to look at and ride, but also give you an opportunity to be close to your Brother knowing how much he loved the bike.

May it bring you many happy memories and I hope put a smile on your face whenever you ride it or just look at it knowing you are sharing his love.

Wonderful first post. Welcome to retrobike.

Your brother’s bike will be appreciated here. Post a few pictures and any stories you might have. The more the better.

Cheers thm.

The History Man":3h5ne1la said:
Wonderful first post. Welcome to retrobike.

Your brother’s bike will be appreciated here. Post a few pictures and any stories you might have. The more the better.

Cheers thm.

What he said ^^^

Let’s see a few pics and share the love of Quality Retro

Fantastic that you have brought the bike back to life in your brothers memory, hope you always keep it and enjoy getting it muddy :)

Love to see some pics.

Thank you all for such lovely replies and warm welcome.
I have lots of pics but can't seem to be able post them. It says the file size is too big.
Many thanks again
Jo x

Re:

Thanks Nick for resizing the pics.
This was when I first took her out of being in a storage container for 3years.

Attachments

• zaskar 2.jpg
    zaskar 2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 638
  • Zaskar 1.jpg
    Zaskar 1.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 638
  • zaskar 3.jpg
    zaskar 3.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 638
  • Zaskar 4.jpg
    Zaskar 4.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 638
Happy to help with the pics Jo

he had good taste and spec'ed quality period components for it, that look like they've been enjoyed and seen a few trails,

there's certainly a lot of patina on it... and that chain is toast

Back