Another Trimble

Got to admit that my tastes are more sober these days. My other bikes are grey, matt black and gunmetal blue.

But if I was buying the Trimble new again would I choose the same colour? Hell, yes!! :LOL:

Jez Trimble is an earlier verson. No rear mech cable stopper, A much wider front mech 'stay' And no frame number.

I dunno about earlier version? It has a frame number - just keep forgetting to check it.

The front mech stay is normal size. I use a band-on mech as it was specced like it in the original days. I can run a 31.8 normal with this no problem.

The only thing you are right on is the lack of the rear mech cable holder thing - they used to use zip ties there so I imagine it may be earlier than those that have it. Or an omission.

It's pretty much exactly the same as the two you have apart from that cable holder TinTin. Wierd.

Another thing that's interesting is the original paint on mine goes from white, to luminescent yellow, then luminescent orange then almost luminescent orangey-red. Its similar to the above example but has more of a colour range.

Love to see other original examples but there just isnt many about (apart from a few of Tin Tin's and the few resprays about)

When I ordered my frame I knew I wanted a front-to-back fade with stripes and was given three colour choices.

I'd seen images of your colour scheme and also the yellow and blue version but decided to order the yellow/orange one sight-unseen. I'm still glad I did as, even with all of the cool Ts on the site, it's still my favourite.

I just noticed yours doesn't have any paint stripes inside the chainstays.

Yeh its wierd that - its as if they got bored lol

The respray one I got done by Kris In France was very well done - it was an imitation of the blue to green and yellow fade as featured in the MBUK review.

I think Tin Tin had it stripped though :(

Blimey Bryn, you kept these quiet. Orange Vit T and a Trimble and you never showed me? you'll have to pop over on one one night.

It's Dan by the way ;)

Hey Dan, apologies for the delay in replying - been working at the office and NEC motorcycle show.
Thought you'd seen the Trimble. I'll take a ride on it over to your place some time over Xmas.
We'll all have to go out one night - not seen anyone since the All Blacks game.

Back