A new beginning (P5): 1995 Kona Humuhumu-Nukunuku-A-Pua'a

Re: A new beginning: 1995 Kona Humuhumu-Nukunuku-A-Pua'A

The old girl wasn't getting ridden much in the previous guise so I decided it was time for a change. Put a rolling chassis together today just to get a feel for it. I've used a quill to ahead adaptor to mount the Goathorns and my initial feeling is that the reach on the stem is too short, which would make sense I guess as they are designed for a more modern setup. Anyway I think I'll persevere and see how it goes.

pg2e.jpg

3e3l.jpg

o9rb.jpg

56b5.jpg

Re: A new beginning (P5): 1995 Kona Humuhumu-Nukunuku-A-Pua'

Damn, that is such a nice frame mate! Gonna shape up nicely! ;)

...a word of warning though, look's like the kid's got an eye on your ride! :shock: :LOL: ;)

Re: A new beginning (P5): 1995 Kona Humuhumu-Nukunuku-A-Pua'

Very cool! I love that bar/stem and brooks saddle combo!

Re:

mauiblue":lxnke0l8 said:
My second post :D.

photobucket-14021-1338104686719.jpg

I just purchased a Kona Humu a couple days ago. It is a bit of a frankenbike with aftermarket forks and handlebars. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of forks this bike uses? Is it 1 1/8" threaded or 1 1/8" threadless forks. Also what size steering tube does the Kona Humu has so that I may be able to attain the right fork for this classic bike. The guy says this bike is about 20 years old. If some one could lead me to the right direction in knowing which replacement rigid fork I could use I really would appreciate it.

Aloha and mahalo,

Al

Your frame is from 1994 pre catalog. The fork is a 1" with no canti mount

I love it. I think it's one of my biggest regrets (in terms of bike sales) selling it. I keep looking for another. Glad this one went to a good home at least :)

Re:

It looks great. Every time I get a chance to ride (any of) mine, I realise how great the geometry is, with the low bottom-bracket, shallow seat angle, and long rear end.

Latest posts

Back