should i stay or should i go?!! honesty required! interview!

jonnyboy666":3msb2rkm said:
off for the interview!!! :shock: bricking it! got to be there for 9.45am! had a morning bowel movement so i'm sure i'll be ok! :LOL:

Good luck dude ;)

pickle and orange71, thanks guys!

just got back! 2 1/2 hour interview! :shock: my head is a shambles but i think everything went well!

the main guy asked me about setting up a bike to work thing through my shop for 100 bikes so that could be a golden hanshake to my current boss!

basically they said they will call me next week and could i fill out some health check forms and drop them round later or post them in. i'm hoping that if they've given me forms about a healthcheck then that is like saying, if your healthy you can have a job! but overall the experience was good and not too scary!

and the starting rate has gone up!!! :D

now i've got the rest of the day for riding!! :D :D :D :D

Hope it goes well, if they're paying for a medical they've pretty much decided.

the medical is a basic one on site with their "nursey" you know the type, like the nursey off blackadder! a rather large rotund woman that you're alittle scared of! :LOL:

love your avatar by the way, cracks me up! is it noddy? looks like him.

well was it worth it :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: i did a similar career change and it was the best thing i ever did,curious if you found the same......

stew-b":3k2jyz3d said:
well was it worth it :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: i did a similar career change and it was the best thing i ever did,curious if you found the same......

Aye ditto, has it all worked out?

I was working for the Royal Bank of Scotland for 5 years until last July, just had enough of the nonsense. Had a really shitty week so spent the weekend at my fiancee's..... 09:05am monday I handed in my notice, and with the holidays and overtime I was due I walked out that night.... Was the best thing I'd ever done! The relief and feeling of weight lifting off the shoulders that night was amazing. ;)

After a few weeks of holiday (!) I started a new job in the offshore industry, on double what I was on in the bank. After 6 months I got a promotion and another 6k! Absolutely loving it too, no stress compared to before, and certainly no regrets. I've moved in with my fiancee now too. :D

At the time I had felt a wee bit guilty about leaving the rest of the staff in the shit, but at the end of the day my life and health was more important, if I hadn't gone god knows where I'd be now.

Hope everything is going well for you mate! More time for the bikes can never be a bad thing ;)

Back