ORANGE ALUMINIUM O

andypasher":1vg1adds said:
lush - loving the two-tone colour scheme

would appreciate some help - I'm about to start my next project (a '92 Orange Aluminium O - matt black with "square" decals) but am struggling with 2 things (as they didn't come with the frame);

1) what size seat post am I looking for - 27.2 or 27.6?
2) what size front mech?

any help would be appreciated

thanks

As fluffychicken has said, if your frame is the same size as this one, the post will be 27.2, and the band size for the front mech will be 31.8.

the roller on mine was buggered though and was damaged, i ended up sorting out the thread, and then for a quick fix using a roller from an odd set of rollercams i had kicking about.. ;)

cant wait to see yours progress, start a build thread, im sure we would all like to see how it comes along... :cool:

Thought it might be nice to add this to the thread, the "BIG O" mbuk test review from BITD, taken from the archives, C/O Fluffy chicken... :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 899
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 899
  • IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 899
some changes ahead....,

Couple of things i think let it down, the stalk sticker on the handlebar stem, isnt good enough tbh, its missing the word orange, and is well not accurate enough.

the handlebar is a nice salsa job, but i think i have just managed to buy a hot rod of the bay for the princely sum of £4.50... :shock:

The gorrilla lockring needs the logo going back on, and i will be changing the seat post for the correct model but refinished in black to match the bike.

CHANGES.......

The XT chainset pictured, i can use for another build, and i didnt end up using the Toplines on my Dave Yates, so i thought it might be nice to see them on this build, as they are polished arms with black rings.

Also im not overly mad on the forks, and if possible i would like to upgrade the fork to a Manitou, (i think it might suit the model, and be a refreshing change to Pace)

I have sourced a potential fork in good condition, but am desparate to find a replacement 1 1/4 steerer for them, as i dont want to use headset reducing cups if i can help it... :?

can anyone here help with a manitou steerer in the size 1 1/4....please... :)

Also i think i might refinish the stem, with the correct decal, and then gloss the stem, and also refinish the hot rod handlebar in white to match the frame, with new "Hot Rod" decals.., i think it might look a lot more fitting for the build, and free up the salsa bar for another build... :?

Attachments

• P1040747.JPG
    P1040747.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 894
  • P1040748.JPG
    P1040748.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 894
  • refurbed_toplines_344.jpg
    refurbed_toplines_344.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 894
sinnerman":1it0zmna said:
andypasher":1it0zmna said:
lush - loving the two-tone colour scheme

would appreciate some help - I'm about to start my next project (a '92 Orange Aluminium O - matt black with "square" decals) but am struggling with 2 things (as they didn't come with the frame);

1) what size seat post am I looking for - 27.2 or 27.6?
2) what size front mech?

any help would be appreciated

thanks

As fluffychicken has said, if your frame is the same size as this one, the post will be 27.2, and the band size for the front mech will be 31.8.

the roller on mine was buggered though and was damaged, i ended up sorting out the thread, and then for a quick fix using a roller from an odd set of rollercams i had kicking about.. ;)

cant wait to see yours progress, start a build thread, im sure we would all like to see how it comes along... :cool:

thanks for all the feedback and advice. Will start a new build thread shortly

Re:

Did you ever finish this Carl

would love to see a pictures of it wearing some M4's

Latest posts

Back