Raleigh RSP Reynolds 853 - now built!

Why stop at one... ;)
I found another frame (from the same place I got this one!) in 19.5" size, so jumped at it and am building it up as a more sedate semi-slick road/gravel rigid bike. Greedy I know...but what can you do!

What travel is the fork? I've got one of those frames for SWMBO and was looking in to starting to build it up this winter.

Osella":3a2f7d2d said:
Why stop at one... ;)
I found another frame (from the same place I got this one!) in 19.5" size, so jumped at it and am building it up as a more sedate semi-slick road/gravel rigid bike. Greedy I know...but what can you do!

19.5" is too small for me so I wouldn't even be able to offer you a wad of cash to prise it from your hands...

Where do you get them from, and how much are these frames worth, more or less? Someone on here was trying to sell a FS RSP 853 frame for 300, please tell me it's possible pick up the rigid (rear) version for less?

Do you know how the measurement is made? Because the catalogue states it came in 16", 18", 19", 20" and 22". My frame measures 20.5" C-C and 22.5" C-T.

Raleigh seem to have been a bit weird with their measurements at times. My Dynatech was listed by Raleigh as 19", and measures 19.25" C-T, which makes it closer to 18" in C-C.

sic_nick":30n6rts6 said:
What travel is the fork? I've got one of those frames for SWMBO and was looking in to starting to build it up this winter.

Sorry for the delay! Forks are 80mm travel - the bike was originally specced with 80mm Manitous and will handle 100mm (anywhere between 410 & 450 a2c).
The Magura Ronins I have are 445mm a2c.

My 'other one' is running rigid and I find a 395mm a2c puts the front too low for me - but then again I run my seat high.

kingoffootball":16hz1vj6 said:
Do you know how the measurement is made? Because the catalogue states it came in 16", 18", 19", 20" and 22". My frame measures 20.5" C-C and 22.5" C-T.

Measurements are C-T. Mine check in at 458mm (18") and 484mm (19") respectively. Both are a little over therefore on the Inch measurements, so seem fairly approximate.. Then again, that's what you get with handbuilt frames! ;)

ultrazenith":1i0q6uq8 said:
19.5" is too small for me so I wouldn't even be able to offer you a wad of cash to prise it from your hands...

Where do you get them from, and how much are these frames worth, more or less? Someone on here was trying to sell a FS RSP 853 frame for 300, please tell me it's possible pick up the rigid (rear) version for less?

I scour Ebay and any other classifieds.. I picked up the 'first' frame (frame only) from a place in Bristol selling on Ebay for 90 quid delivered; and the second (in much better condition, again frame only) for just under a ton. Sale prices were £75 and £80.

Latest posts

Back