Building a Klein Attitude Painted Desert

Crus":2zin4gqk said:
Any update?:D

Actually....yes :)

Me and a friend (teamusa1990) spent some time fixing the bikes today (see the pic). He has a few....and the builds are ongoing.

Mine (the PD) is as close to finished as possible with the exception of the cranks. I have to change the BB axle from 113mm to 108mm. I have the new 108mm now (just got it from Jonrock)...so it's just a matter of getting the bike to my LBS because I can't do that myself.

Hopefully we will see a finished bike this week :)

Attachments

• Kleins.jpg
    Kleins.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 688
Love Painted Desert, pictures never do the paint job justice, I have an Attitude in PD which I will be selling soon.

thesneaker":szo420j2 said:
Love Painted Desert, pictures never do the paint job justice, I have an Attitude in PD which I will be selling soon.

Yes, you're right. The Painted Desert is special. I'm very happy with it. But talking about pictures not doing the paint job justice....the Sunburst I have looks nice in pictures but that's nothing compared to what it looks like in real life. It's the most stunning paint job I have ever seen on a bike.

The Dolomite in the pic is also a paint job that looks far more vibrant in reality....the first time I saw one I was shocked at how much better it looked compared to pictures.

obi-wan-mtb":3f5ni3yl said:
Beautiful collection you got there! The PD is my favorite though... very nice!

Thanks, but they aren't all mine...(I wish). In that pic only the PD is mine, the rest of the bikes belong to a friend of mine. I have two more but they are not in the pic.

Anyway.....yes, I agree. The PD is something special.

I just finished changing the axle this week and now the only thing that remains is adjustment and fine tuning.

New pics coming up soon.....

Crus":3cqzvwqv said:
Ant news on adjustments and quality pics? ;)

Ha ha....thanks for following me up on this.... :) Well, the bike is finished and I have actually taken it for a ride....but no new pics and since the winter has come to Norway..... :-D

mkaavin":3ulgz094 said:
Crus":3ulgz094 said:

Ha ha....thanks for following me up on this.... :) Well, the bike is finished and I have actually taken it for a ride....but no new pics and since the winter has come to Norway..... :-D
You replaced the front ring? Looks well worn in the picture, :(

Is a lovely bike though. :)

Ronnie":8wqv08no said:
mkaavin":8wqv08no said:
Crus":8wqv08no said:

You replaced the front ring? Looks well worn in the picture, :(

Is a lovely bike though. :)

Well, the crank is actually the only none nos/vgc part on the frame so...yes.....a little worn, but it works fine. I did however use another wheelset than planned (at least for now) and the cassette was seriously worn and gave me trouble on my first ride.

So next year:
- Build a new wheelset (NOS Mavic 217 SUP and NOS Hugi hubs)
- Mount a NOS M900 crank

The rest of the bike is just great! :) ...and MC2 bikes rides beautifully! :)

Latest posts

Back