James Foley

That lad who did the deed is a seriously marked man. The intelligence services of several countries will be working on an ID and when they get a name he'll be f****d. The US politicians don't wet their pants like ours do and aren't afraid to me the SEALs loose for stuff like that, and they've a pretty good record when they've been sent to take down pirates, Bin Laden, etc. I just hope they pop one between his eyes rather than bring him in where he can preach to the World from an American court room.

Re:

I wouldn't bet against him being traced and apprehended by the UK contingent.

Hope he will be taken to court, we don't need to stoop to their level.

Re:

Bullet to the head.

Dont see why my taxes should feed, clothe, protect and home him, not to mention supply medical aid when required

It can be done quietly with no publicity, the being what they are after.

I'd go further and revoke british citizenship to hid fsmily anf boot them out of uk as a deterent to others.

I suspect the UK government consider him an embarrassment and any Intel they get will go straight to the Cousins in the hope they can make him go away.

Re: Re:

02gf74":ijkflawn said:
Bullet to the head.

Dont see why my taxes should feed, clothe, protect and home him, not to mention supply medical aid when required

It can be done quietly with no publicity, the being what they are after.

I'd go further and revoke british citizenship to hid fsmily anf boot them out of uk as a deterent to others.

So the best way to deal with these sorts is to become like them?

Then what are we doing talking about bringing freedom and democracy and justice to these countries?

If he is a British national, why on earth should we visit his actions on his family? How would that work?

This really is a quagmire. We were all for uprisings against despots, despite having dealt with them for years and armed and educated them.

In the name of Liberal Democracy and Capitalism.

When things don't go our way, we want the despots to deal with it again.

If we don't have the fortitude to sanction the likes of Saudi Arabia we have no place looking to interfere with lesser powers in that region.

To the locals we look like opportunists, and in that respect we are in no way different from groups like ISIS.

I'm all for punching his ticket, but not for persecuting his family. I've little problem popping him as he has aligned himself with an organisation who have declared a jihad, a holy war. If they themselves are calling it a war then that makes him a soldier, a soldier who has murdered a non combatant deliberately. But as for doing a La Cosa Nostra and making his family pay for his crimes, I tend to agree with M'Lord Flyer.

As a deterrent perhaps, but a) I'm not for persecuting the innocent, and b) these chumps aren't wired up right in the head and all I suspect it'd do is drive even more of these lads to join the movement.

And where do we then draw the line? Do we deport whole law abiding and productive families of foreign origina simply because one of them is convicted of a crime? I'm pretty right wing in my views on crime and punishment, but I still like to stay a little to the left of Hitler.

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":2f3soej5 said:
Hope he will be taken to court, we don't need to stoop to their level.
Yeah, that'll learn 'em.

These ****s should be dealt with in whatever terms they understand. Apart from all the other persuasive arguments against prison, do we really want our jails full of jihadis? With a lifetime to go about recruiting others?

The only good jihadi is a dead jihadi.

As for the family, yes it'll be nasty. But then maybe they should have been more observant/responsible, given they've not noticed (or condoned) the zealot religious beheader in the family. I mean there are black sheep and there are black sheep.

Back