1989 Raleigh Appalachian

drcarlos":7qld6fjy said:
That's great. really personal. Just one thing though, surely it deserves better than a 400LX rear mech? Needs a Deore IMO.

Carl.

wanted xt, the 400lx looks similar due to its black center and thought it needed a sprinkle of black to tie in the 4 finger xt brake levers

Re:

Not sure how well MTB-to-drop bar-tourer conversions are received in these parts, but I'll take the risk... :D

Attachments

• P1110370-2.jpg
    P1110370-2.jpg
    447.2 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0777 (2).jpg
    IMG_0777 (2).jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 82
Re: Re:

ElCani":24gtxsnm said:
Not sure how well MTB-to-drop bar-tourer conversions are received in these parts, but I'll take the risk... :D

Looks fantastic, drop bar conversions are the in thing at the moment ;) Love the gear shifters :D :D

kermitgreenkona88":3tj4d076 said:
ElCani":3tj4d076 said:

Looks fantastic, drop bar conversions are the in thing at the moment ;) Love the gear shifters :D :D

Thanks. Presume you're aware of this thread, but I'll post just in case. https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vint ... sions.html

Gear shifters are a happy result of not wanting to shell out for bar end shifters and the downtube being oversized and therefore no good for the band-on Suntour Powershifters I had lying around. Thankfully they work perfectly on the 28.6mm top tube thanks to their built-in cable stops and the ones brazed on to the downtube!

Re:

legrandefromage":31f4z6p2 said:
Slacker angles than Mr. Slack of Slackhampton, Slackshire.

Dont know who that dickhead was from 2010...

Anyway, we do like a drop bar bicycle or two around here

But its not a raleigh

file.php

legrandefromage":1jxec0tm said:
legrandefromage":1jxec0tm said:
Slacker angles than Mr. Slack of Slackhampton, Slackshire.

Dont know who that dickhead was from 2010...

Anyway, we do like a drop bar bicycle or two around here

But its not a raleigh

file.php

I think that 2010 dickhead has now mellowed in to a 2021 King Skip Monkey ;) :LOL:

Back