Splitting the road section into a separate site??

Splitting the road section into a separate site??

• Yes

Votes: 22 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 122 79.2%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Keep it as one. Though I no longer have a road bike I keep hoping I may find my Ribble 531 Veloce from '95. Purple and pink fade if anyone has one please. Oh..............small in size :)

Being and MTBer
Not being a roadie I wouldn't bother to join or look at the split site, but it would be a shame to miss out on the technical and interesting posts given the technical is pretty much the same for both versions of bike. I see these in the New Post (though I don't frequent as much now Mobile's have been neutered but that is a different issue), I do not go deliberately into the Road or BMX sections.

I would dump modern bikes first and get a proper 98+ section up and running and draw in that crowd before any split. But that's an MTB perspective, not someone looking to use just the Road section. I'll miss it a bit though if it does get split off

Please keep them together. Biking is not either road or mtb. For many of us here it is both. And we have a general love for bikes - and biking. So I like the bit of mixing...

For my twopenneth I support keeping the road and mountain sites together. I have both, I ride both and I restore both. I even, heaven forbid, ride my mtb on the road and I have a (fairly) modern hybrid which is a general purpose bit of both....
But mostly it would be a real shame to lose access to the knowledge of all the people who rode, sold and built the bikes we now describe as retro and who have been kind enough to provide me, and lots of others, with their wisdom and in my case lots of essential help since I joined.
This site has two unique features - it specializes in older bikes and it has a broad technical base - which attracted me in the first place.
In case you are in any doubt I am not in favour of a split....
Dave

just dumping the general chat of topic area would be the best idea,the meaningless guff I have read in there boars me to tears.i often wonder if some of them even have bikes

I'd keep it together - I would never have gone back to road bike riding if this part of the site was separate, even bought my road bike from here.

Latest posts

Back