Splitting the road section into a separate site??

Splitting the road section into a separate site??

• Yes

Votes: 22 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 122 79.2%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
In functional terms, splitting the site would have the effect that one'd have to look at both (ie separate albeit linked) sites for messages, if one was interested in both MTB and road, whereas an integrated site with separate fora means just the one. This would be a disadvantage and I've voted 'no'.
AB

I've also voted to keep it all together. I visit both parts and while it wouldn't be the end of the day if it was split, it's handy having it all together.

I love this site even when I don't have much to say! :D

If I have a criticism it's that Eddy Merckx Corsa Extras don't come up for sale often enough in 54cm frames... but then again it's a good reason to keep paying attention...

Hello. I only joined recently but have an interest in MTB and Road. I have to say that it works for me with everything on one site.

I echo the comments about community feel. Only been here a week and the help, support and advice is fantastic.

Personally think it would be a shame to split...!!!

Thanks

I voted for yes, using the recent messages thread results in a lot of clutter for pure road riders and making it very hard to catch up after riding for a day.

I like having them together. I have road and mountain bikes and enjoy being able to dip into both areas on the site. Similarly I like the fact that the site supports some non-retro space. That breadth of interest and coverage is a real strength.

Ivo":ubtour19 said:
I voted for yes, using the recent messages thread results in a lot of clutter for pure road riders and making it very hard to catch up after riding for a day.

That's a good point - it might make sense to have a couple of section specific recent posts links.

IMO doesn't warrant a split to achieve it though.

One of the reasons I like the site is that I can get MTB and road under one roof. I'd be a lot less likely to go to two sites. It's nice to have community cross-over among the different genres here.

Back