1991 Cannondale SE2000 - First Proper Ride

Re: 1991 Cannondale SE2000 - slow progress, small update

Wow this is great! That colour scheme is outrageous, obnoxious...awesome. Look forward to seeing it complete.

One of my most wanted bike ever...i love that color scheme!

I like this , got an se1000
Love the colours

Looking v nice. Remember staring at one of these at On Your Bike in London thinking is this from the future...

Hi all.. well after many months I've finished the bouncy Cannondale. I took it for a five mile run round the block and it rides much better than I thought it would. Even though this is my debut into the world of "full" suspension it is clear that the SE2000's bounce ability is somewhat limited and if I was serious about full suss I'd research and obtain something that can do the job. But truth is I couldn't give a dingle-dangle for full suss bikes and here is where my journey ends in the world of front and rear suspension.

Spec differs a bit from catalog, I've exchanged Shimano brakes for Dia Compe 987s and because minty Logic cranks are like hens teeth I've had to stick with a generic M730. Wheelset is different too comprising of M231s and Ringle surrounded by Panaracer Duster tyres. I'm still very pleased with the build but I'm still hunting those illusive Logic cranks.

Plans for this bike are to give it a run out when I fancy a change. It won't get hammered, it doesn't deserve a hammering; at most it'll be driven around Richmond Park in west London and may make an appearance at MM14. In my opinion it looks great and the SE2000 conjurers up fond memories of 1991 when I used to go in Mycycles in Malvern and gawp at high end 'Dales. Yes for me Cannondale were the best and 1991 was a particularly good year............

Here are some pics.. they're not the best as my camera is shit and doesn't do the bike/colour justice. Hope you like anyway :cool:

Thanks for looking.

Re: 1991 Cannondale SE2000 ***...fInIsHeD...***

Nice job Craig. Certainly takes me straight back to the early 90's :D

Latest posts

Back