1991 Cannondale SE2000 - First Proper Ride

Re: 1991 Cannondale SE2000 ***...fInIsHeD...***

Nice job Craig!.......that looks fantastic mate!.....I'd get some 26" wheels to replace the 12" ones in the pic though. Your going to go over the bars if you encounter a carelessly discarded lolly stick on those!...... :LOL:

GATE!.......

I've got the mbuk pre release review of that if your interested old chap......

Nice build, I think the 3DV sets it off nicely. Very cool bikes, whenever I look at one they take me back to the 1991 Nationals in Australia racing downhill as a 16 year old and watching the Pro riders on them, I wanted one so bad. I now have one I picked up on ebay from Germany a few years ago although I have done nothing with it apart from strip it down to the frame and it is not in as good condition as yours, it is very well ridden. It has original spec components with the Ritchey brakes and rims, apart from the cranks which have been replaced with XT units. Yours has inspired me to get cracking on with a rebuild.

Thanks for the positive feedback chaps... I'd like to get some better pictures when I have a more capable camera. The processor on my point and shoot is refusing to capture OTT early nineties graphics and colours in the way they deserve :facepalm:

trailboss":2nqogu27 said:
Nice build, I think the 3DV sets it off nicely.
I agree, I think it works well.. I'm not sure about the purple bars though. I have some silver Hyperlites which would probably go better but I'll keep the one's I have on there for now. Also if I change bars I think I'd have to change the post to a silver (which unfortunately I don't have).

feetabix":2nqogu27 said:
I've got the mbuk pre release review of that if your interested old chap......
Cheers, I'm very interested.. PM en route :)

Cool job

How does it ride in a such huge size ?
Not too flexy in the rear ?
:D

Very Cool indeed, those colours are awesum.... :cool:

Hi Craig,

Great bike did you build! I must like it because I have the same frame standing in my garage ready to built. It is for me one of the Icon's of Cannondale.

I am still missing some parts, and one of them is the bottom bracket. Could you advice in the size of the BB? I have no idea.

Cheers!
Hugo

Back