1991 Cannondale SE2000 - First Proper Ride

Re: 1991 Cannondale SE2000 ***...fInIsHeD...***

hugovelthuis":2vrc0zkk said:
Hi Craig,

Great bike did you build! I must like it because I have the same frame standing in my garage ready to built. It is for me one of the Icon's of Cannondale.

I am still missing some parts, and one of them is the bottom bracket. Could you advice in the size of the BB? I have no idea.

Cheers!
Hugo

Hi Hugo.. it would be great to see some pictures of your build. Bottom bracket I used is a Shimano XT M730 68x122.5mm

Thanks a lot!

I will post some pictures in the future, I like the build story's myself as well.

Cheers!

Today I took the SE2000 out on its maiden voyage. I covered 20 miles and enjoyed every one; I really like the bouncy Cannondale. There were times it felt a little sketchy and that was mainly on the road and that could be because of the tyres (which really didn't suit conditions); overall impression is that its a far better ride that expected and as a result I plan to take it out more.

Final spec is as photos however I'll be changing the post for a silver Ritchey one.

Frame: EST Suspension 21"
Fork: Pepperoni

Headset: Ritchey Logic
Stem: Flexstem
Bars: Hyperlite
Grips: Tioga Biogrip

Brakes: Cannondale Force 40 Dia Compe 987
Brake Blocks: Dia Compe
Brake Cables: Shimano XT
Shifters/Levers: Shimano XT M092 STI SLR
Front Derailleur: Shimano XT
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT
Gear Cables: Shimano XT
Cassette: Sachs
Chain: Shimano HG90
Cranks: Shimano XT M730
Crank Bolts: SRP
Chainrings: Shimano SG
Chainring Bolts: Sugino & SRP
Bottom Bracket: Shimano XT

Pedals: Shimano M525

Hub Skewers: Ringle
Rims: Mavic M231 CD
Hubs: Ringle
Tyres: Panaracer Duster Pro 1.95
Tubes: Michelin

Wonderful job and a great retro classic. This was the kind of stuff that drew me to mtb'in. :cool:

I love this bike, everything looks just right and how you would have wanted it BITD :cool:

I remember seeing one in John's Bikes in Bath in 1991 (when it was cool) and seeing the price tag at over 1k :shock: The guy in the shop said that someone had remortgaged his house to buy one ...

I got Myself a SE 2000 as well

I got Myself a SE 2000 as well, what a spectacular bike!

Attachments

• Cannondale SE 2000 Web 4.jpg
    Cannondale SE 2000 Web 4.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 818
  • Cannondale SE 2000 Web 1.jpg
    Cannondale SE 2000 Web 1.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 813
  • Cannondale SE 2000 Web 2.jpg
    Cannondale SE 2000 Web 2.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 812
  • Cannondale SE 2000 Web 3.jpg
    Cannondale SE 2000 Web 3.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 812
  • Cannondale SE 2000 Web 1.jpg
    Cannondale SE 2000 Web 1.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 813
Re:

Lovely job. Well done!

They take a bit of getting used to, eh? When Cannondale said 'suspension' they actually meant 'movement'.

Here's mine mid-restoration. Since the photo was taken I've removed the IRC stickers, fitted nos Ritchey Z-Max amberwalls, a nos Ritchey seat post, Ringle sear QR, XT wheel QR's, '91 Turbo saddle, Tioga grips, XT pedals, XT toe clips and greeny yellow neon straps ... full back to catalogue spec.

Just have to get the rear spring powdercoated and it's done. :D

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    239 KB · Views: 803
Wow you have the one according to Catalogue spec, that is pretty damn cool!

The one I have is an original Factory Frameset with an original individual build up, therefore the Answer and rock shox fork together with a black XT gruppo. I am going to make some minor modifications:

- Panaracer smoke skin wall 2.1
- selle italia turbo 1980 or flite 1990 saddle
- ritchey classic seat post
- Oury or odi grips
- neon green all bottle cages

Again not original spec, but I am just going to tune it with 1990/1991 cool parts. I hoping to find some Grafton Speed Controllers who would make it even more cool. But what you have is spectacular catalogue spec. I bet Cannondale would like to have the one you have.

Back