Today's Rant: What good are Roadbikes?

Iwasgoodonce":s3fjdvhv said:
This is a rant over the state of our roads which seemed so bad that I'm not sure I want to risk using my skinny tyred steeds.

All that really springs to mind are the words "Toughen up Princess". ;)

I'd say you glutes are sore not because of the surface, but more because they aren't used to riding in the saddle for any length of time. ;)

Totally agree with the rant, the condition of some roads is terrible for us roadie types and the majority of drivers dont have a clue.

mine just gavers dust these days, i prefere my mtb's more versetile , and take my abuse, plus hate getting flats :cry:

paul

Pot holes etc are only a problem when riding in the dark! Us cyclists dont pay road tax so we should consider ourselves lucky.

The main problem with roads is too many cars!

With regards to tax I would happily pay more if it was going to the right places- ie not wars

As for MPs wages...

I say give them a pay rise (75K a year?) give them a free bus and train travel pass give them a P.A. But take away the expense account- take it away now! it makes my blood boil...

Off the top of my head
Diane Abbot £2800 in 1 year on Taxis alone

other MPs more

:twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

State of Roads.

While my experience of roads has mainly, but not solely been in Scotland since coming here in 2001. And yes some roads are a bit rough, they are generally pretty good compared to back home in rural Australia. And yes I ride my roadie a lot, back home and the first few years here it was everyday, now about three times a week, depends on whats going on regards mountain/road. These rides are rural rides as thats where I live but even the minor goat track singletracks up here in Scotland are far better condition than most of the major roads back home. pacific Highway, Olympic way etc.
One other thing while I'm up on my soapbox :roll: The car drivers here are far more pleasant to share the roads with, sure there are some nutters here, as there, but generally I feel far safer here than I ever did back home.
Remeber it can always be worse, and glass half full type stuff, like how you just found a road that you need to find a diversion for, maybe a longer way round :LOL:
Then again maybe you just need to toughen that arse up :shock:
Or one of those big fat eight inch square saddles they sell in halfords ;) ..................................just kidding

Smile :D

The roads here are bad. But better than some third world counties :oops: The pavements are not much better
Taxs keeps me in work :D So thank you all
Otherwise back to the NHS for me :(

Back