2012 Nukeproof Mega

Re: 2012 Nukeproof Mega *work in progress*

Believe it or not, my commute to work! Tuesday morning! Heavy storm road was flooded, hopped up into the footway and someone ran out infront of me. I swerved and clipped a post with my shoulder! Didn't even come off! Just clipped it enough to smash the bone! :(

It's always the silly accidents like that which get you. Any idea how long you'll be off the bike for?

I've been at Centre Parcs this week so have ridden the Pines a couple of times and there is a tree with a sign saying RIP Jim's collarbone on it...I can't work out how he would have hit it though!

They haven't said anything about how long it will be off the bike, but I guess it'll be a couple of months untill I'm riding properly again! Not got much strength in the shoulder at all at the minute! So that'll take some work in sure!

Back in the game!

Back commuting on the Msilse now, after a rebuild during my injury time.

Been commuting for a week now after a week in Tenerife and It seems to be holding up ok. Get the odd pain when trying to hop up on to things, but nothing too bad.

Hope to dust off the Mega this weekend....... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Did a quick 17 miler on this at the weekend and loved it.....

Still not really happy with the suspension though! Its very plush but feels a bit dead and not as 'poppy' as i'd like even with no rebound dampening wound in either end.

Seriously considering swapping the fork for a 150mm Sektor RL solo air, Ive found one at a nice price, it means dropping 10mm of travel and reducing the axle size to 15mm but it also saves about 1kg in weight and I also prefer the feel of my air recon on the Msisle to the domain.

Hmmmm what to do?

I think the Sektor will be too lightweight for this frame. I'd try and get some Lyriks or 36's ( my preference would be a set of 36's with the RC2 cartridge but I'm not a big Rock Shox fan).

With regards to the shock, try speaking to someone like TFT because I'm sure they've got a tube that really sorts out the Monarch. Most who have these on singletrack seem to tube the rear shock.

Really?? I've seen quite a few megas with the sektor upfront, including a shop speccing it on a full build option.
I can't afford a lyrik at the minute, and I don't understand fox fork range.

I spoke to TF tuned about the rear shock, they said that it's possible to tune the shock but I'm looking at £150. I'm unsure what to do. I was hoping the sektor might make the bike feel a bit more lively.

I'm just thinking that they're 32mm stanchions, which is pretty skinny my modern standards. Even the old Pikes feel a bit wobbly compared to forks with biggers uppers.

They'll be a load lighter than your Domains because you'll be losing the steel stanchions. Are you think of buying new or used?

Used, found a set for sale for £160.

They are meant to be a bit better than the older pike, but yeah like you say, skinnier tubes! Thinner axle! Etc

Lyrik's do seem to go for shed loads.

I picked up my 36 Van RC2's (high and low speed compression) for £200 posted. They're in great nick and still have their original stanchions. They're pretty light fir a coil fork with 160mm travel. The Floats are a good bet.

What about a pair of 55's?

Back