Price of a frame re-lacquer

TrevorKershaw

Retro Guru
Does anyone know what the going rate is fro a frame re-lacquer?
I am having to get it done by a local car sprayers, as I can't find anyone locally that is bike frame specific. It's been years since I had a bike done.

Personally I'd be worried about getting a car sprayer to do it, usually they struggle with small intricate things like bike frames, if for no reason than their sprayers are too big to get into all the tight spaces on a frame. Usually the guys are very experienced with flat surfaces but find tubing difficult.

hamster":nvc59ih6 said:
Personally I'd be worried about getting a car sprayer to do it, usually they struggle with small intricate things like bike frames, if for no reason than their sprayers are too big to get into all the tight spaces on a frame. Usually the guys are very experienced with flat surfaces but find tubing difficult.

I am going to see the guy on Friday and I will grill him about what experience he has. I will also get a look at the sprayer he's using. The person I spoke to needed to speak to him specifically, so he may be a bike enthusiast, but I will have to find that out when I get there.

Back